What does 2006 hold for us?

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by FCPorto_Dragao, Jan 3, 2006.

1. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Irmaos da cidade INVICTA...what do you guys think 2006 holds for us?

How will we finish in Superliga---will we be champions...don't think anyone thinks otherwise.

Transfers---who should we get to strengthen our squad? We need a central defender...please send Ze Castro

Transfers---who should we unload?...Pepe anyone?

Revelation---we already know Quaresma has reinvented himself from the fracas he experienced with Riijkard in Barça and we already had an idea that Lucho was a great professional...possibly another glimpse of Ivanildo and a permanent spot in the starting 11 on that left side at the end of this season or come August/September? Paulo Machado? Helder Barbosa? Will Hugo Almeida turn it on in the last half of the season and play in the WC 2006?

What does 2006 hold for us?

2. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm still not sold on Ze Castro, I'd like to see him on a better team like Boavista or Braga and perform at higher level for another full year.
    Quaresma has shown he wants to be in the WC, I constantly see him come back to help out on Defense which was something he refused to do 2 years ago. If he continues to excel even Scolari can't help but call him up to the NT.
    And how can you forget about Anderson?? Adriaanse wants him now which means he might not even play w/ the B team. Hopefully he'll turn out to be as good as most people claim... Should be an interesting 2006

3. marvlis

marvlis New Member

Oct 26, 2005
    Mississauga, Ontario

Ze Castro is getting alot of looks from English clubs so it's unlikely Porto will even get a crack at him.

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    liverpool is the frontrunner and really i dont mind him going somewhere else then any portugal club.

he will be an experienced player and will only benefit him

5. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Well, since we don't have anything else to play for, we better with the league. I think that Cu has sort of finally figured out how to win games and should continue to win. Players that I can't stand are Sonkaya, Ricardo Costa, and Pepe. I wouldn't care if these guys left.