What Do Your Boots Say About You???

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by garethchelsea, Aug 6, 2008.

1. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The colour of a footballer's boots reveals what type of player he is according to a leading sports psychologist.

Dr Martin Perry classify footballers according to their choice of footwear.

The Old Pro: Black Boots
    - A safe colour and suggests certainty and authority. Always worn traditional black boots, and always will.

The Maestro: White Boots
    - White represents purity and light and the Maestro oozes talent and class, and has everything except sweat-inducing work rate.

The Hot Potato: Red Boots
    - Red is an intense colour which generates emotions. This fire-brand is impetuous and rash and will make their mark on the game, and their opponents.

The Veteran: Blue Boots
    - We look for blue skies, for peace and tranquility. He is convinced that his experience and nous more than makes up for a lack of pace. He switched to blue boots to demonstrate his coolness and calmness under pressure.

The Enigma: Green Boots
    - Here is a player who has the manager tearing his hair out in frustration. On his day, he can win a match by himself. One week, storming the barricades; next week, missing in action. Why? Who knows?

The Entertainer: Yellow Boots
    - Yellow brings good cheer and optimism. Our yellow-booted entertainer is the life and soul of the team and shows lots of energy and enthusiasm.

The Organiser: Brown Boots
    - Our brown booted player will be a smartly turned out defender, unyielding and dependable with a penchant for a sliding tackle.

The Golden Boy: Gold Boots
    - The colour of sun brings warmth and wisdom. He is super talented, but he might believe too much in his own publicity.

The Headless Chicken: Silver Boots
    - Silver offers light and balance, and he has speed and pace to burn. However he is sometimes known as a headless chicken and his passing can be erratic.

The Eccentric: Orange Boots
    - Orange offers freedom and emotional release. Your orange booted player can be prone to impulsive decision making and heart stopping gaffes - the boots express his individuality and desire to be different.

This was on Skysport website yesterday 6th august.

What Colour Boots Do You Have And Does This Match You ???

It matches me I have Black Boots but i am not a veteran or a captain

2. Joga3

Joga3 New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Hmmm very interesting makes a lot of sense though thanks for sharing this
    Joga3:)

3. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    I'll tell u what, the green boots fits Ronaldo perfectly how he was in the Euros :p

4. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Nani is wearing them now as well, and he's very hit or miss for us.

My boots are white and i think the description fits me well, i have worked on my workrate a bit, but i'm still lazy

5. 90laser77

90laser77 Member

Jun 19, 2008
    heh, this is flattering, i've worn the white/black laser I's and i now wear the white/black laser II's :rolleyes:.....but i guess the lime green accents on the lasers also come into play.lol

6. clarke_19_rangers

clarke_19_rangers New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Bedlington
    my boots show that im lazy
    cause i dont clean them!

7. T90 OzzY

T90 OzzY Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Kent, Marden
    What colour is carbonfibre and pink classed as? ;)

OzzY

8. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    so they are brown then

9. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    they are almost silvery so i'm guessing silver and then obviously pink.

10. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My boots would suggest that I'm suffering from Schizophrenia, as I switch between white Puma King Execs, Blue F30.7s, Slate F30.6s, white Absolutes, and black turf Absolians (or whatever the hell they are).

I've played my best soccer in the Blue F30s, and my best Rugby in the Slate F30s.

11. CJ-Boy

CJ-Boy Member

May 29, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is where he got it from.

I'd be the Entertainer and the Maestro, previously had been a combination of headless chicken+veteran and before that the old pro, twice(stupid as those were my first two pairs of boots).

12. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I suppose that works. There are times where I show up for games and I'm like, "it'd be nice to just get a red card so I don't have to be here anymore." And then last week I made a 45 yard run with the ball, beating 4 players from my left back position and scored from 25 yards out. I don't try to beat players, really ever.

13. ALEX408

ALEX408 Member

Mar 25, 2007
    SJ
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me,
    Whenever I switch into the following, my playing style changes.

Lasers: More shots from a distance, more spin/curve on long passes and free kicks. Less movement, and more of a offensive midfield playing style. I usually play defense in these.

+F50.7s: More movement, medium range shots, close ball control, 50% more speed. 1 body feint and shot on goal. Free Kicks are similar to Lasers but less spin. I usually play mid with these on.

Vapor IV: 100% movement, more jukes, more wall passes and medium-short range shots. Free kicks have less spin. I use Vapor IVs in defense when I notice that touch and speed is more important because the opponent has the same amount as I do, if not more. But I'll use these 90% of the time when I play Forward/Striker.

14. garethchelsea

garethchelsea Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Lewes, UK
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    not to be an arse i actually got it from here http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11662_3936298,00.html

but the footy boots one is better because its got the colours with it (if you didn't know what green looked like anyway)

15. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm The Veteran and The Headless chicken

And those stuff are kind of true about me lmao

16. soccerballnews

soccerballnews New Member

Aug 11, 2008
    My boots say I'm thrifty... I think I have paid $80 for my last three pairs of boots (one pair turfs, one pair studs, one pair molded). My wife won't let me spend any more...