What do you want in your FireHouse?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Etienne_72772, Sep 22, 2003.

1. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    To state it sure, but when it comes to the actual value of your opinion in relationship to a Fire stadium yours or others who will be attending either the occasional game every few years or never holds little weight compared to those who will be attending the majority or all of the games in the stadium.

2. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Maybe a small inlet from Lake Michigan to dunk players and fans in, too.

3. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about a catapult underneath the opposing bench.

4. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Someone tell me they saved the big trough urinals from OSF to use as the opponents bench!

5. chicago1

chicago1 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 6, 2003
    Who the hell do you tools think you are. In my opinion you are all a bunch of geeks who live in some fantasyland that allows you to believe you are important. You are all clamoring on to the idea that you are the best supporters in the world. Granted the FIRE do have the best fans, but you donkeys are not the reason. Have fun firing back at my with your intelligent and very insightful remarks

6. Fat Dutchman

Fat Dutchman Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Red Lion, Aberdeen

Maybe you're the one who needs to get real. Just because the pitch is 75x120 doesn't mean it will be like every other stadium. I would bet most pitches all over South America and Europe are close to those measurements, and I bet their respective fans would say they don't look anything alike. What's built around the pitch is what makes stadiums different, and as you stated, the fans.
    Let's have our players used to playing on a small pitch all the time and then struggle when it comes time to go on the road. Maybe you'll say that they'll train on normal fields, but if they have to adjust every time they play at home, what good is that?

7. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MOM! They let the Neurosurgery Dept. at Northwestern use the computer again!

8. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big trough urinals rock.

9. Fat Dutchman

Fat Dutchman Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Red Lion, Aberdeen
    I'll correct something...I meant to say that the pitches are probably the same dimensions(close or at 75x120) for the most part in SA and Europe, but the stadiums look and are totally different

10. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I say we get really bizarre. According to FIFA, the length can be 100-130 yds and the width 50-100 yards, while the length must be longer than the width.

So, let's have a 100 x 99 field. Nearly a perfect square. Confuse the hell out of everyone.

I know, there are different allowable dimensions for international matches, so it won't work.

11. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I wasn't actually talking about the "bunch of geeks who live in some fantasyland" here. I was talking about anyone who regularly goes to games.

And you can't convince me a regular goer, be them a Reserved Season Ticket holder from Evanston, a consistent walkup buyer from Wicker Park, or a VIP Gold member from Libertyville and their opinions about what their home should include don't hold more value than Joe Schmo from Portland, OR who might come to the opener of the stadium, maybe.

I'd like to add that maybe it wouldn't be practical, but I'd absolutely love to see a stair/ramp walkup enterance tunnel where the teams comes up underneath the stands onto the field.

That and a big Liverpool ripoff: A large "THIS IS CHICAGO" sign over the entryway :)

12. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    It goes without saying.

Maybe we can relocate Demon Dogs to the new stadium ;)

14. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Let's have a giant fireman's pole from the top of the stands in one corner. After every Fire goal, Sparky can jump off the roof, slide down the pole, and land in a Fire engine. Then he drives the truck into the opposing team's goal (sirens blaring), jumps off, and hoses down the opposing keeper with a firehose. Maybe for effect, he could use a hatchet to chop down the goal.

If he's quick about things, it shouldn't delay the restart.

15. Mad Header

Mad Header Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Mt Prospect
    Now THIS, is funny.

16. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Nine pages of posts and noone mentioned the DRUM RISER! I'm not feelin' the love...

Later,
    COZ

17. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Don't worry, it's going to be placed right behind the opposing team's bench.

18. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ibrox is a good basic design, though obviously it would have to be adapted for many reasons. Still I like the basic rectangle architecture and the brick outside.

19. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

But seriously, when it comes to field size, you just can't please everyone. Some like it narrow, some like it wide. Personally I like wide open spaces that give lots of room to make plays. Obviously others don't care for that. But either way, it would be great to keep fans close to the field. That would be a true home-field advantage, if 11 Dallas players had to deal with the taunts of 28,000 Fire fans standing just yards away. :)