What do you want in your FireHouse?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Etienne_72772, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    Since the FireHouse is seemingly falling together quite nicely (granted, nobody but the Fire front office knows what all the financial proposals are), what does everyone want to see in their FireHouse.

Me? I'm not picky, I can think of only two things I would love to see: 1. A roof over the stands; and 2) a player's entrance in the center of the main stands where the starters emerge. I know we don't have to do everything like they do in Europe--but I watch some Premiership games and when I see that, I think it's pretty cool. It puts the players so close to the fanbase at the beginning. I dunno--it seems really regal, or something...

2. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    I think everyone knows that we can't have a Firehouse without automatic shakers at the urinals.

3. ablei

ablei New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    roof, steep seats, immaculate pitch, chicago written on one side of the stadium on the seats, euro style.

4. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) A view of the skyline.
    2) A roof.
    3) A trophy case that can be viewed by the public.
    4) Banners/murals scattered throughout the stadium featuring Fire greats from the past and present. (Also a spot where there's a display commemorating the entire history of Soccer in Chicago).
    5) Red seats but only in the supporter's section.
    6) Souvenir shop.
    7) Vendors outside the park.
    8) A minimum on the PA nonsense infesting other sports.
    9) Red seats but only in the supporter's sections.
    10) A USMNT MATCH!!
    11) Plans for expansion when we reach a point where we can draw 30,000 regularly on weekends.
    12) A brick outer wall? (cost is probably an issue here...)
    13) Seating beginning at turf level.

5. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    -red brick
    -fans
    -roof
    -grass field (of any regulation size... why not build a smaller field than a big huge field... nothing says you can't do that... it will also bring the fans closer to the game)
    -fans
    -red brick
    -smoke
    -flares
    -flags
    -banners
    -balloons
    -streamers
    -confetti
    -fans
    -a *giant* section 8 behind a goal...

6. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    _Fire_house, Segroves. _Fire_.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Hey guys..... think Ibrox.... but smaller....

8. Mad Header

Mad Header Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Mt Prospect
    You never get tired of this joke do you?

9. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    I hope if they do a roof, they make sure to have it over what is going to be the supporters section. The one in LA doesnt go over the ends and that kind sucks out some of the atmopshere. I think Section 8 under a roof would be quite amazing.

10. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  11. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamar Beasley

12. Fuegofan

Fuegofan Member+

Feb 17, 2001
    Chicago
    Now why do you want paint strippers with plumber's crack? We don't even have a wall and you already want to change things!

13. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Don't want to open this one...

14. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I definitely agree with this, and, frankly, the more beer vendors there are, the happier some of you will be... so, by all means, bring on Jamar.

15. jschulz

jschulz New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Soldier Field
    I would like section 8 to be a terrace stuck in between seating sections.

16. SparkeyG

SparkeyG Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Mokena, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love the seating to start at turf level ala Old Trafford. But I fear some American law will prevent that.

17. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    . . . with Big Cans

18. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    With a gigantic "8" visible in the seat pattern.

19. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    A dalmation and one of those poles you slide down...firehouses always have those! ;)

20. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

While waiting for the debacle in Dallas, I was watching FSW and they were showing the A League Championship from the Charleston Battery's home field. Very nice stadium with an English pub in its bowels.

So I propose the Firehouse to have four mini pubs: An English pub, a German brahaus, a Polish bar and an American bar.

The signs for Section should be in English, German, Polish, Spanish, and either Japanese or Chinese.

There should be televisions over the urinals and above each concession stand so you don't miss any action while spending money or making room to spend more money.

There should be mini flame throwers tastefully placed somewhere behind each goal so that when the Fire score, 20-foot-high plumes come shooting up. Or if this isn't workable, fire engine lights on at the four corners of the roof. And perhaps a fire engine horn tooting once or twice, ala the Hawks.

The roof over all the stands has been mentioned.

Expandability has been mentioned.

Brick or faux brick facade has been mentioned.

Automatic shakers have been mentioned.

Toilets that flush automatically would be nice.
    Cup holders would be nice. Wider seats would be nice. Big screen scoreboard would be nice.

BTW, the Fire could put photoelectric cells on the roof to generate electricity to cut its energy costs. What it doesn't use, it can sell to ComEd.

21. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FireHouse

All I need is some Cold Beer and USMNT games!!! I do like the stripper ideas though, maybe we can replace Mexican Heritage night with Diamonds Gentlemens Club night.

22. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    A trophy room roughly the size of the field at Spartan Stadium.

And the silver to fill it.

23. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A killer detention room complete with leather sofas and bar. A place for the bad boys to hang out after they get tossed.

and a big screen.

24. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    The more I think about it, the more I'd like it not to just be called 'the Firehouse'. Something way too cheesy about that.

Having a Firehouse end, or a Firehouse stand, or having the stadium be "The Firehouse at _______ Park" is ok I guess...

Just Firehouse seems too generic, like "Cubs Park" or "Columbus Crew Stadium". Blech.

25. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    And a judge on duty, like at Veterans' Stadium. Of course, he'd be on our payroll...so... :)