What do you like for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by Maczebus, Apr 26, 2003.

1. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    I used to be like that, a cigarette was an ample breakfast for years. Then I started working near a cafe, a real English "Greasy Spoon" cafe and we'd take it in turns to do runs for bacon butties. My metabalism changed over night and I'm now ravenous by 8am. Sausage & Egg McMuffin is always convenient (I work in a Hospital and they have a McDonalds inside - oh the irony). My wife makes a good omelette with ham, green pepper, mexican cheese and salsa on the top, pancakes are great - Cracker Barrel's Blueberry Pancakes are awesome.

For english breakfast everything has to smoothered in HP sauce. I don't think there's much difference between HP and all other generic brown sauces but I'm a creature of habit. Mix it up with the egg yolk, into the beans - as much as possible.

For a quick bite at home its usually cereal. Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, Special K Red Berry or Bran Flakes with a chopped bannana on top.

I should be a fat bastard, but I've been the same weight since I was 16 and it doesn't look like
    changing.

To some people getting the pies in so early seems extremely glutenous but if you think about it your body has the whole day to burn it up. 10 times better than stuffing your face in the evening. All the food turns to fat whilst you're asleep.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Red Stripes and Strawberry Poptarts

3. MDFootball

MDFootball New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    DC
    no joke, that amy's pizza is incredible - in fact almost everything amy's makes is good so its no big deal.

not eating breakfast mario, for shame!

there was a brief couple months where i didnt eat breakfast, for a variety of reasons: didnt have time many consecutive mornings, soy milk and kashi cereal getting expensive on a student budget, stupidly rationalizing it as a way to get more cut (I have always and still do love cereal, bread, rice, and pastas, heck im a vegetarian, veggies fruits and whole grains are my life, but the anti-carb brigade seemed to be getting louder, influencing my thinking a bit), and eventually just didnt miss it - fortunately came back to my senses, have since actually lost some weight, a side effect i didnt expect or necessarily want since im only 146 lbs as it is. And kerpow is right, waking up in the morning after not having food since dinner, you just need to eat something substantial, ie break the evening fast.

as for some peoples excuse about not having time, just takes getting up a bit earlier or advance planning - like wednesday morning i didnt have class til 2, but knew i had an 8 am on thursday, so i just made a ton of pancakes wednesday, ate half and put the other half in the fridge and warmed em up for this morning - worked just fine.