What do you consider the worst political scandal of your lifetime?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by bojendyk, Jul 14, 2005.

1. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Instead of getting angry, just go with this:

[​IMG]

2. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a shame this country has never, ever, ever -- let alone today -- had a president, vice-president, cabinet member, supreme court justice, senator, congressman, federal judge, ceo, corporate hiring director, university admissions officer, police officer, or even a school crossing guard that reflects your status.

You poor, disenfranchised, un-represented, disfavored, repressed tool.

3. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    You guys seem to have taken my comment wrong. I meant that a white,male,christian,american can't have any wrong done to him. It is a fact don't even deny it. The only thing you can do to a white guy that you will get in trouble for is kill him. What can be said or done to a white guy that the whole liberal media will rise up against the person who wronged the white guy? Nothing.

4. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    That's an opinion, not a fact.

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey look!!! It's Jesus up on the cross!!

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but there's a big difference. We'd been involved in Vietnam for a decade at the time of the Gulf of Tonkin incident. That just an excuse to escalate our involvement. Bush created our involvement from point zero.

7. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's my violin? I want to play a sad song.

8. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Hmmm have you checked up your ass ?

9. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Jesus!...hey, why isn't he waving back?

10. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Seriously, how old are you?

11. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    For shear entertainment value, it's gotta be Monica. No one could have guessed all the ridiculous turn of events and characters. If a book was written with that as a plot, no one would have thought it believable. Every time we thought it was going away, it came back. Stained dresses, secret tapes, secret testimony, bumbling republicans, an "I do what I like so that I like what I do" president and Hilary in the shadows of the stage curtain. OMG, what a ride that was.

And in the end, the American people shut it down with the election results in '98 where the reps learned that they weren't sent to DC to do what they think is the right thing but what we think is the right thing.

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's such a snob! It's like he thinks he's God or something.

13. dj43

dj43 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Nor Cal
    Teapot Dome was before my time but it would have to be at the top of my list, from the history I have studied.

Next would be Watergate.

After that, you would have to add Monica PLUS Iran/Contra and 3 other items of the reader's choice to equal Watergate. That was the biggie!

Rove, even if he did knowingly out Plame, wouldn't come close to Watergate.

14. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ??? We weren't involved in Iraq for a decade before Bush decided to escalate?

15. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We didn't have soldiers dying there!

16. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did in 1991. And Iraq had people dying from our enforcement of the no-flight zones. Bush took things to a different level, but he didn't just pick some random country that we had no existing dispute with.

17. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Number 5. Watergate
    Number 4. April Glaspie allowing Saddam to invade Kuwait, giving us an excuse to invade
    Number 3. Iran-Contra
    Number 2. The Iraq invasion
    Number 1. The real worst scandal is the one we haven't found out about - the one they got away with. You know there's something out there historians will learn that we have no idea about.

18. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Can't be -He was Jewish.

Thank you,I'll be here all week.

:)

On a serious note,what happened to the S&L scandal?It's why I roll on the floor laughing whem I hear what a paragon of virtue John Mc Cain is,and I like the guy.

19. metro24freak

metro24freak New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    philly
    That monica lewinsky thing, but I'm only 16 so anything more exciting I don't really remember

20. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Your vote doesn't count. You have to be old enough to remember more than one scandal ;)

21. metro24freak

metro24freak New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    philly
    I remember OJ too, kinda, I'm still not entirely sure what that was about. I didn't know why it was such a big deal because me hearing about someone killing their wife wasn't a shocker since it seemed to happen everyday

22. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    This is officially the oldest moment of my life.

23. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Yeah, right! There's a scandal. Democracy in action. She ran, she was elected. So democracy and democratic values are now a scandal when they don't produce the right result for the right? 'Bout right, I suppose.........

And unlike the idol of the far-right, Santorum, at least she lives in New York. Santorum lives in Virginia, yet he's the junior senator for Pennsylvania. Wonder what the Reeps would be saying if Hilary had moved to Virginia or Arkansas or Illinois AFTER winning her election.

Oh and in answer to the question - Watergate or Iran/Contra. Funny how the worst scandals are usually Republican, huh?