What do the Cougars have to do to turn their luck around?

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cougarsfan, Jan 25, 2008.

1. cougarsfan

cougarsfan New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Just posting this up although I know a lot of Cougar haters are gonna put stupid answers up here, for the serious fans what can they do to turn it around.

Number 1 they need some other people to step up. Semir, Tovar, Scheer have all done there part recently.

Number 2 they need better defending. Before the injuries and recent losing trend they were only giving up 9 points a game now its close or above 15 thats not gonna get things done.

Number 3 they have to score on power plays they are near the bottom after starting the year towards the top.

Number 4 they have to get healthy fast. They lost Antonio Sutton for 2 weeks last week and are still without Cente, Farber, Hall and Handsor thats not gonna help.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Seismothusiast

Seismothusiast Member+

Jul 14, 2006
    Modesto
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Today's article in the Stockton record gives a ray of hope. It looks like Farber is trying to return on Feb 15. Our poor form coincides with his injury. He had that lightning speed that creates opportunities for his bigger, slower partners (Tovar, Naldo, Hansor). Without Vicente and Farber we are too lumbering up top. Sutton should be back around that time, and Hall will probably play Sunday.

Speaking of Sunday, I think the schedule favors bringing a little confidence back into the team. We get a rematch against the Sharks, this time at home. If the Cougars win, it might just be the thing that rights the ship. If it's a loss expect more.

3. CougarsFan22

CougarsFan22 New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    The Cougars need to win a game to change their luck. They play Orlando tonight and they should have motivation after getting beat by Orlando 9 days ago. If Cougars can win today they have a very light schedule in February which should allow the team to get health for the stretch run in March.

It is more important to be peaking at the end of the season than it is in the middle. All the injuries will give the Cougar reserves a chance to step up and can help for the stretch run with depth and confidence.