What country do have to play for???

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by JacopeX, May 13, 2007.

1. JacopeX

JacopeX Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Well this is a question I had in my head for years and I would like to ask it.

Let me pick a random country.......Kenya.

Alright lets just say a man was born in the US (or anywhere else in that matter) and his parents were born in Kenya. He comes out as an outstanding player. Enough to play internationally. Does he have to play for the US or Kenya? Or he can decide?

2. essie

essie Member

May 4, 2007
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i believe he can choose.

3. United Pumps

United Pumps New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    come from?
  4. Gary V

Gary V Member+

Feb 4, 2003
    SE Mich.
    Depends on the citizenship laws of the countries involved. Some countries grant citizenship to anyone born within their borders, others do not. Some countries recognize dual citizenship, others do not.

5. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    Question.

I was born in the Republic of Georgia. I moved to Israel at 5 months old. I am about to get my American citizenship.

If i was good enough, and trust me, im not even close. Do i have a choice of all three?

6. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Also depends on geneology. A load of Ireland's 1990 and 1994 WC squads were made up of English players who found an Irish grandparent or something like that. Apparently it was good enough for FIFA.

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Georgia: Are you still a citizen of Georgia? If yes, you probably have three choices. Even if you do not have Georgian citizenship, you can still apply. It will depend on their law and the length of the process.

israel: Are you still a citizen of israel? i heard it is easy to obtain citizenship if you are Jewish. I am assuming that you are. You are eligible.

USA: Yes, after you receive your citizenship?

8. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    no for Georgia
    yes for Israel
    almost for the US

thanks for the information. i was just wondering. I wish i was good enough to have the pick of these three countries.