What concacaf team will perform best in World Cup?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Ronaldinho11, Apr 15, 2006.

1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    sorry i might have missed a couple of them, i just delete them

Anyway kidz.... This is a good topic, let´s keep on it

2. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I hope Trinidad and Tobago wins over Sweden, i saw an interview with a couple of swedish players and they made laugh of T&T, who do they think they are? I am so happy CR defeated them back in Italy 90´

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The answer is Mexico, as long as they take Iran seriously. If they walk into the Iran game thinking it'll be a walkover, then they could be in for a rude surprise.

They have a better chance of making it out of the group than the US does.

CR in my opinion is the most underrated team in the world. You read that right. I think European fans think they're rubbish, when all evidence points to them being a quality team. If only they had beaten out Turkey to make it to the 2nd round in Japorea.

4. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    I feel that CR and Mexico will have a good WC...if Mexico manages to make it to the second round theirs no telling what can happen..as for CR, although the possiblity of them going on to the second round is hard to belive..i truly feel they will pull a surprise and complicate the grp and :eek: maybe qualify !!!

5. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I hope Poland takes us as Scotland and sweden did in 1990, we must defeat them, that's our key game

6. simonb_nyc

simonb_nyc New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Mexico has the easiest group out of the CONCACAF teams, although I can see them underestimating Iran. The US is probably the best of the CONCACAF teams but is in the most difficult group. However I believe they will pull an upset against Italy or the Czechs. Once again though, they must not underestimate Ghana. I don't see Costa Rica or T&T advancing. This CR team is a far cry from the one that won the hex for 2002 qualification and gave Brazil a really great game in WC 2002. T&T getting through I would LOVE - the fairytale of the World Cup!

7. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico, because it has a good group, and the order of the teams is favorable. The bad thing though is Mexico is used to being in tough groups and playing up to the level of the other teams. How will Mexico do this time with out that pressure?? Like many said they have to take all the teams seriously.

The US has a tough job, and it would be hard for any team to make it out of that group. Not that I want them to do good or anything ;)

CR, I don't know. It seems if they get some lucky breaks they could make it

T&T needs looks really hard.

8. rjxsapri

rjxsapri New Member

May 15, 2005
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Mexico should qualify easy. The US has a tough group, but if they do get out of the group stage that'll be more than enough for me. Costa Rica has almost no chance. T&T has no chance at all...:p

9. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino
    first of all mexico has a hard group because IRAN makes it a hard group and costa rica does have a chance a good chance of passing their group have hope i think it will be great to watch costa rica vs germany i remember that goal costa rica made against brazil was amazing i wish to see another one against germany

10. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico has been in the group of death and has come out in 1st place. no excuses for any team

11. Carlillos2theMex

Apr 22, 2006
    Güiscansen
    Mexico is in a easy group no-matter how those Iranians try to hype their team. I'm sure Mexico will come out of group stage. 1st or 2nd doesn't matter because in the second round it's pick your poison time.

Costa & T&T I wish you the best.

USA hard group, if you come out 2nd you could face Brazil. I don't think you'll make it that far, but if you do, you have my respect.

12. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    Would you like to switch with the US?

Mexico has a very manageable group. The US has a very tough group. But, I still think Mexico, CR, and the US will make the second round.

13. terrible15

terrible15 Big Soccer Hall of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    long beach, ca

I would....we've played great against Italy before...we beat ghana in Los Angeles....and the Czechs are just like the Croatians we faced last world cup(everything about them is hyped)...

14. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    If Mexico was in the group that the yanks are in...we would MAKE it a managable group..just like we did last WC...the yanks arent used to playing teams like Italia..Chekoslovakia...and Ghana...their gonna get murdered :(

15. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't make a group containing Italy and the Czech Republic "managable". Sorry. You got the seed. You got the the easy group. You got lucky.

Now don't blow it.

16. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Well...tom..im not the one who will be actually playing the matches..i will be repping my country to the fullest...but rest assured that the team we have is more than capable of making it out of the group.
    the u.s on the other hand...well..lets hope THEY dont blow it....i dont ever recall the u.s in a group this tough before, but u kno what...im actually gonna root for them to make it out of that group..because i kno they can. :D

17. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't get me wrong. I'll absolutely be rooting for Mexico to win their group.

My point was that there is a lot more pressure on Mexico to advance than the US, since they have the far more managable group. If the US advances, it will be a pleasant surprise.

That said, do you really think that this US squad is "gonna get murdered"? If so, that's pretty ignorant of you.

18. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Well..i guess murdered is kinda of a harsh statement...lol..how bout spanked ?
    dont think im hating....im not ..trust me if i wanted to hate i would do it in a much brilliant fashion!!..but thats not my piont..i guess u can say im being realistic...realistically speaking..the u.s SHOULD get spanked...but as u said..if they do proceed it will be a VERY nice surprise...

19. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    This is a FAR better Italy team this time. They have a coach that will let them play.

I don't think you honestly think Mexico would be certain to advance out of this group. I think their chances would be about as good as the US's, which is definately not a certainty.

20. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa Rica - Their in such a unpredictable group that I wouldn't be surprise if they reach 2nd rd. Poland and Ecuador are in the same level as they are so Ticos got a chance. From there they would have to mostlikely deal with England or the Sweeds. 2nd Round is my prediction for the Ticos.

T&T - :(

Mexico - They should atleast reach 2nd RD. Either way they are gonna have to play a REAL Argentine squad or Holand. Another 2nd Rd exit is gonna be pretty depressing if your a mexi.

USA - Group of Death.... they may either plce first or last. Either way im pretty sure nobody wants 2nd place . That gets you a date with Brazil in the 2nd rd. IF the US manages to win the group they will have Japan or Croatia next rd. After that some random mediocre team from Group G or H.

If you look at the brackets the US has the best possible scenerio though. EVERYTHING must go right for them (win the group) .They could land the same luck Germany had in 02 and play nothing but mediocre teams until the semis. Basically if Brazil manhandles their group and US wins theirs. The path is wide open for the US.

Mexico on the other hand has one of the most difficult scenerios. Manage to upset Arg/Holand they will either have to play Germany/Eng/Sweeden. Is Mexico ready to take the next step though?? Their current roster just doesn't have it IMO.

CR same scenerio as Mexico

This is all SPECULATION offcourse

21. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    The thing is..i honestly DO think Mexico could make it out of this group had they been put in it...the reason for this..( u probably think im mad) is because Mexico is a very adaptable squad...when they have their backs against the wall is when they perform best...i have yet to see the u.s in this type os situation so i dont kno how they will react...i do kno the the first 2 games for the u.s will be crucial and will determine wether or not they progress..but sometimes i think its worst to be put in an "accessable" group than a group of death ( especially for Mexico) we get to overconfident and BAM !!!..we get our asses handed to us...so maybe this will have the same effect on the u.s...maybe not..but i cant wait to find out.

22. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    If Mexico doesn't at least make the quarters, it will be a dissapointment for them. They should go the furthest of any team. The USA *may* make the round of 16, but I can't see CR or TNT going past group play.

Sachin