What Chance of Kalou and Lucius Swapping

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by ArnoldVDH, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ArnoldVDH

ArnoldVDH New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Behind My PC
    I see on http://www.v-bal.nl/
    that Lucius and Kalou may be swapping places.

If that means both Kalou going to PSV and Kuijt potentially moving to Liverpool, then I think it may be a fair comment to say that Feyenoord are going to go only 1 way, and that is a rapid decent to the bottom on the league.

Unfortunately Feyenoord no longer has the pull or status to attract good players, and if they are going to sell the good ones they do have...

... I shudder to think of what may happen.

I don't think this is a win-win situation for Feyenoord so I would be surprised to see it happening.

Any thoughts?

2. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    If they would do this then they are even dumber then I always thought.

3. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Indeed... feyenoord should stop pretending to be the oh-so poor club they aren't.

4. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Totally Agreed--for a change

5. ADO Den Haag

ADO Den Haag Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Jorien van den Herik = Feyenoord

6. TomTomEhv

TomTomEhv New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Eindhoven
    Deal getting pretty close to completion...

Pretty sad to see Lucius leave but atleast we'll have a worthy replacement for J.S. Park.

As for feyenoord it all depends on how they invest the money they have. I'm pretty confident Koeman can make it work, but we'll see what happens! :)

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    What the hell? Why sell Kalou to a rival? I'd much rather see him go Arsenal or Valencia. Stupid Feyenoord. If they sell Kalou and Kuijt I'm going to be sick :( :mad:.

8. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    This one makes absolutely NO sense--anyone want to explain what is going on?

This one defies logic--are they now going to keep Kuijt?

9. BlazingHeader

BlazingHeader New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    West of Europe
    Kalou needs to stay active in the Dutch league if he wants to obtain his Dutch passport. He's keen on playing for Holland and set his aspirations to play in the upcoming World Cup if the pressure on Verdonk increases I'm sure that his 'naturalisatie' will become fact soon enough. If not, he'll still stay in Holland.

Of all the three topclubs in Holland I like PSV the most (because of Stam) so I'm kind of glad he's going that way. Congrats to Babel and Maduro for penning an improved deal. Shame they're at Ajax though.

10. TomTomEhv

TomTomEhv New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Eindhoven
    Feyenoord want to get big money for Kalou. As Kalou is refusing to sign a new deal, they want to sell him now.

Kalou still wants to play for the Dutch NT so he isn't going across borders. Thus PSV is practically the only option.

Kalou's agent says it would be best is the deal is sealed before upcomming saturday (Feyenoord's first practice)

11. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

wah wah

12. CoAdriaanse

CoAdriaanse New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    On A Moving Platform
    have some of u ever thought about the fact that feyenoord is in desperate need of defenders.....wouldn't be suprised if psv throw a youth playerin with it 2....

13. BlazingHeader

BlazingHeader New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    West of Europe
    Imagine Maduro with Cocu.. and Babel with Kalou at front. Mouthwatering!

14. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Not when they play like Germans.

15. BlazingHeader

BlazingHeader New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    West of Europe
    Playing efficient football is a quality.

p.s It looks like the Kalou deal is off. mark Wotte will be offering a new and improved contract to kalou and has suspended negotiations (if they were any). What a skizzo.

16. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Might be but that doesn't make it mouthwatering.

17. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Have you seen Germany play during the Confederations Cup?

I actually enjoyed watching them for the first time in my life. 15 goals scored in 3 matches.

18. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Ssshhh. That's blasphemy!

19. BlazingHeader

BlazingHeader New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    West of Europe
    It's moutwathering because it's a great prospect. That also counts for something. Ofcourse it can backfire (kluivert-RVN) But I rather give it an optimistic approach. But ah well, it looks like the deal is off. PSV are now looking for a replacement.

20. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Nice on paper but they won't play much football since the ball will most of the time be with the opposing team.

21. ArnoldVDH

ArnoldVDH New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Behind My PC
    Yes, and I saw it was something to the effect of taking Huntelaar back to the club.

22. BlazingHeader

BlazingHeader New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    West of Europe
    With van Bommel and park gone, Mika Vayrynen and a few Eindhovenaars in, there are doubts wether Guus can mimic the same gameplay that brought so much success. It may change.

23. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    In Eindhoven? I don't think so.

24. BlazingHeader

BlazingHeader New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    West of Europe
    You sound like a bitter Ajacied.

25. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    That is one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is me being a nice person on a forum about football where I give my objective opinion. A third way to look at it is me being a nice person on a forum about football where I give my objective opinion, an objective opinion which a greedy Manchester United fan hopes is wrong because he wants to plunder this Dutch club some more for a few good players.