What category as a soccer fan do you belong to?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by pc4th, Oct 4, 2003.

1. whirlwind

whirlwind New Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    In any given week, I can watch the weekly MLS game on ESPN2, the weekly Premiership game (replayed on Fox Sports Net Detroit), the weekly Serie A game (on RAI International) and in some cases a Champions League game on ESPN2. Further, I can see video highlights on MLSNet, Charlton Athletic's website and various others (despite FIFA's continual dogged legal pursuit.)

That said, I'm most likely to watch:
    1) USA matches
    2) The Chicago Fire
    3) Any overseas team with Americans, especially in the Premiership
    4) A premiership game w/o Americans
    5) A non-Chicago MLS game
    6) Serie A
    7) Women's soccer

2. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Category C, but mostly because I'm lucky (some would say unlucky) enough to have a local team to support. I still do follow SPL and EPL (I'm off to see Celtic in November and will pop in on Crystal Palace), but it's DC first and foremost. It kinda works for me that europe starts picking up pace as MLS wraps up.

3. Heliopolis

Heliopolis New Member

Sep 26, 2003
    Major follower of Spanish soccer and thanks to GOLTV can see up to three games live each weekend. Will only watch MLS live (San Jose).

Here is my priority:

1. La liga games on TV
    2. La liga games (audio) via the internet
    3. Bundesliga games on TV
    4. Rangers on closed circuit TV (PPV)
    5. MLS live in person

Heliopolis

4. jmsullivan

jmsullivan Member

Sep 14, 2000
    Fairhaven Ma.
    Deal. I'm taking you up on that challenge. I'll be there Nov. 23rd with my son. Staying in Long Beach for the weekend. If there are any gatherings out of state fans are welcome to attend, let me know.

5. 161SnowboardKing

161SnowboardKing Red Card

Aug 26, 2003
    Malibu
    Abroad only, because there still isn't a Seoul football club in South Korea. Probably the only league in the world without a club in its capital. But the good news is, we're getting two Seoul clubs next season. Can finally support the K-League.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Suggestion...

You really should pay a visit to The Yard House! It is in downtown Long Beach, very nice area...don't worry. They have over 150 beers on tap from around the world! Largest selection I have ever seen. The food is great. You eat inside or outside on the boardwalk. You can get a yard of beer, hence the name!!! Or 1/2 yard or a pint. Plus their t-shirts say GOT BEER, on the back! My wife and I lived in Long Beach for less than a year and this place was great.