What Bayer Leverkusen have to do to progress.

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by ShadowX, Dec 6, 2021.

1. ShadowX

ShadowX Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Sep 7, 2020
    I'm not traditionally a Leverkusen fan but I have really liked them this season. I have become a HUGE fan on Florian Wirtz and I also admire Patrick Schick and Mousa Diaby. I was really disappointed by the 5-1 rout by Bayern Munich, but it showed how much needs to improve.

After watching that beautiful demolition of Greuther Furth this weekend I've been thinking about how Leverkusen can progress as a team. The key to this IMHO is to keep Wirtz, Schick, and Diaby. Wirtz should not be a problem but the other two will be. There are lots of teams across Europe looking for a striker.

Assuming those players can be kept, their presence in the team can be a platform to attract talent to fill the other roles. Areas needed to be filled:

CB; IMHO this team can go nowhere with Jonathon Tah leading the defence. He is not good enough. I like the idea of getting (and repairing) Nico Schlotterbeck and Amos Pieper, who worked fantastically together as the CB pairing for the Under-21 champion team. Another thought is Jurrien Timber from Ajax.

DM; I like Ryan Gravenberch from Ajax.

Another winger; not sure who.

A good up and coming young back-up striker; not sure who.

Would love to hear thoughts from Leverkusen fans.

2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States