What ban?

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by billward, Jun 30, 2013.

1. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Ultras had signs up before the Stanford game about a ban ... I admit I haven't been paying as close attention to the Quakes this year but I didn't know what they were talking about, and don't see anything in the threads here that would clarify... so I ask, what is this about a ban?

2. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes released the following statement regarding the 1906 Ultras today [April 20, 2013] after meeting with leadership from the supporters' group and MLS officials on Friday at Earthquakes headquarters in Santa Clara.
    Due to the actions of the 1906 Ultras at the club's April 14 match against the Portland Timbers at JELD-WEN Field, the following sanctions have been applied:
    • The 1906 Ultras have been placed on indefinite probation
    • The 1906 Ultras’ travel privileges have been indefinitely suspended until further notice
    • The 1906 Ultras will not be allowed to utilize controlled smoke at any match
    • Due to the probation, language within the group on matchdays will be strictly monitored.

http://www.sjearthquakes.com/news/2013/04/statement-club-regarding-1906-ultras

3. mister moose

mister moose Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling the front office didn't totally mind the blue smoke after the Galaxy fans had their premature celebration yellow smoke (which really just looks ugly in general). After a showing like that on Saturday, I wouldn't be too surprised if the Earthquakes front office didn't lighten their stance on the Ultras just a little bit. They were loud from where I was (midfield, press box side), got the whole stadium going multiple times, and had an amazing tifo that'll no doubt be used in advertisements for next year's clasico.

4. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, I missed that news. I had figured that there had been some kind of discipline because I wasn't hearing all the obscenity in the Ultras chants this year (a good thing, IMO). What happened in Portland?

5. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [​IMG]

6. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

7. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Unfortunately, the Timbers were accepted into MLS.

SanJoseUltras and proud smurf repped this.