What are your Vacation Plans.

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by PassItOn, Jun 23, 2009.

1. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    I for instance am going to Portugal for a few days, then flying to Englang for a week.

Back to Algarve for 2 weeks, and i'll be set for another year of the rough life, while the wife gets a extra month in Algarve.

Younger posters follow teaching as a career.

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    New England late July, followed by Portugal for a month. Then weekends in LA, Chicago, New York and either Mexico or Costa Rica.

I already knocked out a weekend in DC and a fabulous Canadian Championship winning day in Montreal.

3. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Last year I went to Palma de Mallorca (Spain), Paris (France) and a roadtrip through the south of Portugal.

This year..ahm, IDK. Most likely will start working this summer so no time for fun. :(

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Might be going to Cancun with my family for a week. Then in August I am going to Acapulco Mexico for about 3 weeks with my friends and couple girls who have free residence right near the beach there. :D

5. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Have fun with the flu :D

6. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Looks like I'm going to be working for the vacation season this year so I can save up to pay my credit cards and see if I can squeeze enough money for a trip to South Africa next year, if Portugal qualifies that is...:rolleyes:

7. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    havent posted much or at all for th past month or so because i am vacationing in Pico until august 30th....the weather here has been very shitty some days...not very summer like. The partying is always here though:D

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cool, have you been to a beach there yet?

My vacations plans have completely collapsed...

9. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Barcelona in mid september!
    Going to watch Barcelona V Atletico Madrid!

10. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    SURE !!!!!;) you are going over to watch soccer. Come on admit it. You are going over for some eye candy in the form of some tanned Latinas;):D

Enjoy bud. Sounds like a great vacation

11. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Your family chickened cus of the swine flu?

12. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    pico doesnt really have beaches lol...but faial has 2 beaches, i went to porto pim and it was awesome. The Islands sure have some delicious women. Festa da santa maria madalena started a couple of days ago and its been awesome.

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wasn't with my familia. I know these 2 Mexican girls who are from Acapulco. Their dad owns a hotel right on the beach, and he invited her to come and said he would loge us free of charge, even eat at the restaurant no problem. So 5 of us were ready to head down when the Swine Flu madness kicked in.

We were all still going to go through with it, no problems, I knew it was a massive over exaggeration, and the fact that we had multiple connecting flights allowed us to get their were no complications from the airlines. But then my friends father Cancer suddenly took its toll on his life, so we postponed it, and used the Swine Flu as an excuse for credit.

We rescheduled for August, but now one of the girls work doesn't want to give her time off in that period, and they threatened to fire her.

I find the girls from Madeira are usually really good looking. Are the beaches in Faial black, brown, or white sand beaches?

14. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Good luck then.
    I find Mexico to be quite an interesting place.

15. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    its not fully white, id say its more of a cream color...but i have been there before where the sand was darker. this time it wasnt

16. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just got back from cancun. Damn I'm sunburnt to the max, but worth while when your need time to relax. I want to go to Morocco sometime in December, hopefully.

17. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Are you aware it won't be warm by then?

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ? It still stays pretty warm in Morroco during the winter months. It doesn't get to the 40's during the summer but you still get 20 degree's on and off and what not. Especially if you go past Casablanca and further south.

19. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Yeah, I was thinking more to the north of Morocco.

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Good point, it does get a little frisky in Tangier at night, probably the same climate at Algarve during that time.

21. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone on here hit up the Madeira Feast in New Bedford this weekend? It was packed last night, I couldn't move around.