What are you the most stoked about?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by bigdush, Jan 20, 2004.

1. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    I'm tired of the negativity. It's time to stop hatin' and start elevatin'.

What are you most stoked, giddy, pumped, amped, etc. about for this upcoming season?

Here are mine:

1)With my wife working only part time now, I'm pumped that I actually got to renew my half-season tickets for this next season.

2)I'm stoked to go and pop my supporters section cherry this year.

3)I'm pumped to see Borchers continue to excel (hopefully, especially in the absence of Frasier).

4)I'm amped to start the season with no goalkeeper controversy.

5)I'm giddy waiting for an announcement on the SSS that will undoubtedly (?) be downtown.

6th, and finally, I'm happy that this will probably be the season that Kroenke sees Hankinson bask (SP?) in his mediocrity, and therefore the last season that we will have to deal with it.

2. Ringer

Ringer Member

Aug 7, 1999
    Littleton, CO
    1) Actually seeing Powell play.

2) The healthy return of Jeff Stewart

3) Beckerman used in a more attacking fashion, as in uncorking a few more shots.

3. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    1. Mastroeni and Borchers on the back line

2. Return to form of Henderson

3. Powell proving his worth

4. Beckerman more involved in the attack

5. Gregorio pushing for playing time

6. Cannon singlehandedly saving our bacon for a few draws and wins

Also... note that there wasn't any "goalkeeper controversy" at the start of last season, either. Cannon couldn't even make the bench for the Yank-Danish friendly, and who knows if The Wank will be happy with Bazooka Joe come June. ;)

4. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) SSS information and news of site purchase then ground breaking.

2) Borchers dominating the back line.

3) The new guys getting some playing time.

4) Zizi breaking some MLS scoring records.

5) Cannon with a sub 1.00 GAA.

5. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually excited about Bazooka Joe. While I had nothing against Garlik I think Joe's a better keeper. Probably equal in shot blocking, but better distribution.

I'm excited to have Mastroeni on the back line.

I look forward to seeing Beckerman's game grow.

I'm hopeful Powell will start, produce, and make a dynamic link with Beckerman.

I'm happy that we still Chung is still here.

I'm happy Spenny's still going.

I'm happy Henderson is still here.

I'm happy that we have an heir apparent to Henderson.

I'm hopeful that Stewart will make strong comeback.

I look forward to Borchers proving that his rookie year was just the first step to a successful career.

I look forward to a Rapids team that believes the players are the ones who play the game.

6. WJMarx

WJMarx BigSoccer Supporter

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O2

I look forward to Hankinson & Counce justify the air they are breathing!

7. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Rapids

I'M THRILLED TO HAVE PRO SOCCER IN DENVER AND MILE HIGH STADIUM IS A GREAT FACILITY !

Rapids specific ;

Powell & Beckermann in the central midefield feeding Henderson and Chung on the flanks.

Bourchers & Pablo working together as central defenders.

Watching Kotch at left back - he's smooth

Spenny, CC, and ZiZi sharing the two forward positions, I love the intensity of these guys !

Celo working in the Rapids front office.

8. Malaga CF fan

Malaga CF fan Member

Apr 19, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm stoked to see if KSE promotes the Rapids and energizes Denver like they have with the Mammoth and the Crush.

I'm stoked to hear about a new stadium, plans, and a ground-breaking date in the next year or two.

I'm stoked for Spenny to continue his form from last year and challenge for MLS MVP.

I'm stoked for the defense to gel with Pablo, Borchers, Richie and (insert name here).

I'm stoked for a solid, fast midfield with Hendo rebounding in form, Chung continuing to score consistently, Beckerman gaining confidence and scoring some goals and Powell proving his worth.

I'm stoked for CC and Zizi to challenge eachother for the last spot on the field and as a consequence, score in bunches.

I'm stoked for a team that won't start the year 1-6-1, and might contend for the Western Conference.

I'm stoked that if nothing above happens, Hanki will be out of a job.

9. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    Stoked for....
    -Best midfield in MLS
    -Seeing our guys in the Olympics
    -Opening day in Dallas vs. Garlick
    -$1 Beer Nights (please KSE)
    -Hot soccer moms

10. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I'm looking forward to:

10 -Thor and Pablo in central defense
    9 - How Hanks handles Spencer/CC/ZiZi at forward
    8 - Adolfio challanging for a outside mid spot
    7 - Beckerman stepping up offensively
    6 - Powell, healthy and prowling the defensive mid spot.
    5 - A possible Hart/Stewart battle for a starting position.
    4 - Never hearing/seeing that "Game On" thing again.
    3 - More of Kenny Wayne Sheppard's Blue on Black (only louder this year)
    2 - The SSS announcement

But the number one thing I'm looking forward to:
    1 - Going to the home opener and watching the Rapids at Mile High :)

11. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    The first Rapids v New England game at Mile High this season, aka Jameson's Night.

12. joeyclams

joeyclams Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Denver, CO
    If I can be negative for just a moment, I'm NOT stoked about seeing Greenie puke after the NE game, aka Jaminson's Night. :)

As for the positive:

10. See Hanki find a solid first 11 and sticking with it until he HAS to dick with it.
    9. See Pablo dominate in the back with Nat and a fully fit Bazooka Joe.
    8. See Celo out in the public promoting the Rapids and MLS.
    7. See the Wank try a 3-5-2 and take advantage of "the best midfield in MLS."
    6. See a fully recovered and fully fit Stewart claim the right back slot and have a solid year.
    5. See Gregorio attack down the right and produce some quality crosses that lead to goals.
    4. See at least one Rapids attacker take a defender on 1 v 1 and win.
    3. See Spennie get 20 goals.
    2. See Beckerman continue his development and get an All-Star slot.
    1. See Pablo mature and not get suspended every other game. Especially since he will probably miss time for Nats duty.

13. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope

I was sorta looking forward to Greenie puking (OK not really.....).

Suprising that the optimism is very clear for all of us. I would like to see the lists already posted....I especially want to see Championship calibre play, and maybe we'll get it:

1) Cannon, to be great all season. Garlick was great for about half of the season........we're going to be good here, maybe like the Hahnemann start (12-2) a few years back.

2) A bigger back line, with Stewart, Borchers, maybe one of the draftees.......this has been important in many MLS Cup winners. Pablo then has room to collect verbal warnings,let's hope, not yellow's.

3) Gregorio? Zizi? Powell? and/or Beckerman? or whomever to find the space/skill to open the offensive game up from 'smurf ball' into a more diverse scoring thread...set pieces, long balls, corners, headers, etc. to disrupt the defenses enough to create the gaps for Chung and Spencer to score on something less than a highlight reel move & shot. Basic 'make them defend the entire field'.

4) Coaching. Groan. OK I've been an unrelenting critic, but with every new season comes hope that our coach, currently Yoda, will figure out how to get his players unique skills to succeed, not to fail. OK, he had a bad coaching year last year. Players stuck in failing schemes/positions, players leaving/quitting, etc. Let's hope he's through that and he'll protect Pablo from the Yellow, make open space for Spencer/Chung/Henderson, and let Beckerman & Powell emerge as stars.

5) Lastly, can the Rapids figure out how to let people stand in 127 without being hassled by the staff, or seating folks behind us who really don't want to stand????????????????

RLH

14. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Only if it's INSIDE the stadium. Otherwise I'll take $0.80 Newcastles and $0.60 Tecates during the tailgate.

2002 may have come as a surprise to some, but in 2003 everyone at the post-game tailgate knew what to expect. Admit it, you were morbidly fascinated and you wanted to see it. I recall giving a two-minute warning yet most people still watched. And that's just sick.

15. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that there are still pictures floating around from the Jaymo's '02 Greenie Beach Blast...

Who's going to be the highest bidder? ;)

16. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    And this year, you'll get TWO opportunities.

Ohhhhhhhhh lord.

17. rocketeer22

rocketeer22 Member+

Apr 11, 2000
    Oakton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. cljco

cljco New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Denver
    I'm most stoked (ok...maybe not most stoked but darn close) that the Raps are playing a home game on my birthday this year!!

Party in section 127 at the June 9th game!! You're all invited.

19. WJMarx

WJMarx BigSoccer Supporter

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The $10 seats will be only for the areas behind the goals, which are called end-line seats.

"It's lower tier - we're not sticking people on the fourth level," Andrews said. "They are what people think of as end-zone seats, but they are available for purchase at all times, not just day-of-game."

Great news! Although most fans prefer the touch-line seating, I am an end-line junky. I like to see the runs both on and off the ball, a perspective only made easy when the play is either moving towards or directly away from the spectator. Moreover fans suddenly standing or just walking to the bathrooms several sections away do not obstruct ones view.

20. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome, we'll be there! Make a big deal out of it, get friends to come. It will be a blast! Maybe you can get the front office to recognize you during the game.

I've had b-day at the Rapids before too. It is a lot of fun.