What are you most looking forward to in 2007

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by GPK, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you joking?? At age 5 your son didn't even get to play at all?!?! That is beyond ridiculous! I'm truly sorry your son had to endure such crappy coaching. There's no question that every kid should be allowed to play and have fun at that age!

2. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds fun. My son's about the same age and I was looking at doing the same thing. He already has a ton of fun playing keep away dribbling around the house. After a few rounds around the staircase, he starts his kicking game -- line the ball up and backup to the wall, count to 5 and then run to kick the ball as hard as you can. It's hillarious and very fun.

That being said, I don't know about signing him up for anything organized for awhile. We might do the parent-tot thing this year, but I'm still trying to decide how much organized soccer he should play before 10. I guess it depends on how good I am at recruiting neighborhood kids over for pick-up games.

Have fun!!

3. MDSoccerDude

MDSoccerDude Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Owings Mills, MD
    I don't think he means the coach didn't let his son play, I think it was his son who decided to just sit and watch. Just my opinion.

4. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What if he stinks? :confused:

5. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, that would make more sense. thanks.

At age 5? Who cares? Let the kids play and have fun. Instilling a love for the game means a lot more at that age than playing the best players.

I'm sure that MDSoccerDude interpretted this correctly that his son was just interested in watching the game.

6. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Copa America and U-20 World Cup! Vamos Chile!

7. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Copa America 2007 and U-20 World Cup!!! Vamos Argentina Campeon ************!!!!!

8. lampsfan

lampsfan New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Bristow, Virginia
    I have to agree with Ringo! I look forward most of all to watching my son play on his U12 team. I am a soccer mom through and through.:D

9. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Had to be a jonny-come-lately Chelchavver starting this poll :eek: .

Missed out the two competitions that really matter (this year): UEFA Cup and the FA Cup.

[​IMG]

10. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Kicking Mexico's ass. Again. And again.

11. TOFC

TOFC Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    U-20 World Cup is going to be amazing. I'll definitely be getting tickets for the final in Toronto.

12. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I envy you.

13. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK
    I can't wait till Beckham makes his debut with the Galaxy. All eyes are going to be focused on the MLS. Like the sports media, and the celebrities. Look for Paris Hilton to attend a Galaxy game. Imagine that!

The Copa, was a close second for me. It's the biggest tournament outside the World Cup, that the USMNT will attend. I remember the great things we did in the last one. Defeating Argentina, and Mexico, and giving Brazil a good match.

14. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Looking forward to several things this year, but I will give the Womens World Cup the love here.

15. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    where is the next slaughter going to be held? I want to join in with Sam's Army!!

16. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    libertadores

17. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    You forgot LIBERTADORES!

18. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    This is clearly Copa America

19. rich_saul

rich_saul New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    The Women's World Cup in HD!!

20. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Now that i know what the groups are in copa america.....

it is definetly copa america what i am looking forward to the most

21. Real Madrid rocks!

Jun 28, 2005
    Really disappointed to see that, as a soccer nation, we're still a long way to go.

Nowhere in the world would the Spanish League title hunt be last in this poll. Unfortunately, we're not yet a soccer country, that's why we don't kno yet what matters the most in soccer worldwide.

22. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Spanish League only recently has grown in popularity. It all started when the Italian League stopped purchasing big name stars. Then the spanish came in and started to buy up the bigger name south american talent.
    I see a resurgence of the Italian league within a couple of years. Spanish league althought filled with big name players doesn't produce enough derby caliber games to sustain its popularity.

23. Cashcleaner

Cashcleaner New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Ajax, Ontario
    I'm most looking forward to watching TFC dominate Major League Soccer. :cool:

24. stonesean

stonesean Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is this post not suprising from a poster named Real Madrid Rocks....

As if it's some crime for fans in the CONCACAF region to be most interested in CONCACAF competition and for a primarily English Speaking nation to be interested in the English FA.

25. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't speak Italian very well and I don't speak a lick of German but I prefer both these leagues to the Spanish Liga and the EPL. (I speak both Spanish and English fluently)