What are you doing on election night?

Discussion in 'Elections' started by monop_poly, Oct 28, 2004.

1. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I will be home biting my fingernails with all sorts of supplies to keep me going (food, drink, etc.) through the evening. I'll be switching around the dial to check out all the coverage.

I don't have work the next day so I can hang in there for as long as it takes, but I honestly think we'll know before the Pacific coast returns come in who's going to get it.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I have two deals (hopefully) closing Tuesday, so in theory I should be able to relax at home at the end of the day and watch the election while drinking Scotch or perhaps some champagne.
    Then again, that's if all goes as planned................

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'll be watching CNN and comedy central's live coverage ;)

4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'm going to make calzone and drink whiskey while reading a dozen blogs and watching CNN/MSNBC/TDS etc.

Personally, I'm hoping for riots. That's good TV.

5. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It says a lot about the liberals here that they will be watching THE DAILY SHOW for their election night analysis. That is weak and pathetic. Hey, that's fine if you watch that show 364 days of the year, but on election night I'd think you'd watch something a little more serious and analytical than that tripe. Whatever. Anyway, I'm a big-time channel surfer. I'll be hitting ALL of the news channels, may even stop on TDS for a minute or two. I'll have my spreadsheet in front of me trying to score the various scenarios as the state projections come in. Election night to me is one of my favorite days, like a World Cup Final, or the Super Bowl. I will be a nervous wreck, no doubt, but it's still a night of heaven for us political junkies.

7. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    You just don't get it do you? I doubt that is going to be the only source people watch, besides, there are 3 hours between when the polls close on the East Coast and the start of the Daily Show. Besdies, after 3 hours of Russert and his wipe board, everybody is going to need a laugh.

8. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'll be preparing petrol-bombs and stockpiling bricks for the riot I'm planning on having, no matter who wins.

9. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Left, right, left, right, ...

E-N,
    Sadly, any election featuring "W" has to be viewed as a joke.

"Team America" is more accurate than they realise. There are others pulling the strings on "W" and he simply goes where they point him. :(

10. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Planet Hollywood in the Picadilly Circus is having an election night/morning party. They're staying open till 5am.

I'll prolly get some friends together and go to that.

11. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Voting after work and then going to another job to help keep the larder stocked.

Home by 9 PM to watch Veronica Mars. :)

Computer in lap and checking CNN and MSNBC during commercial breaks. :)

Drinking heavily if Bush looks like he's winning. Lord knows the folks voting for him had to be drinking heavily before voting. (insert insanely mad face emoticon here)

12. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Stripes is a great flick :: - or - :: Ian McCracken, you are a madman.

Serious and analytical.
    All the news channels.
    Maybe two minutes of TDS.
    And a spreadsheet.

In the immortal words of John Winger ...

"I want to party with you, cowboy."

13. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Stripes is a great flick :: - or - :: Ian McCracken, you are a madman.

Ill vote early-polls open at 6 AM.

Have a library board meeting which should be over by 9:00 PM.

We have a village election which I will call around to check on (or they may have results online again.)

Will surf around.Can't really stay up ,I have a class and a meeting the next day.

14. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a win-win-win situation. I already know the company will be good.

15. csc7

csc7 New Member

Jul 3, 2002
    DC
    working all day, attending a party in Des Moines sometime after the polls close. getting drunk for the first time in months, sleeping it off and then driving back to DC. hopefully i'll feel good during the drive (except for the hangover, of course).

and if it's not clear on Nov. 3....i guess i'll be driving somewhere else.

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like what? Watching the Hardball panel of Pat Buchanan, Joe Scarborough, Benjamin Ginsburg, and Rudy Giuliani bitch about the liberal news media? Or maybe they'll go to Andrea Mitchell, who will say that Kerry's attacks on the great man Alan Greenspan were unconscionable. Or watch Wolf Blitzer and the AEI's William Schneider pontificate on CNN?

TDS wins those awards for a reason, Ian. It's because they do better analysis than mainstream news outlets.

17. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm acting as a precinct captain in Va's 2nd for the Kerry campaign then going to the victory party!

18. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    Up at 06:00. Precinct work all day to kick Bush's ass. Then to the party to check if my people across the country did their part to. Traditionall election night drink: single malt scotch.

Work at 08:00 the next morning.

19. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    Vote for Bush early then go out as usual play cards, have a few drinks and get laid like usual.

20. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    So your going to the bush party then.

21. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    Drink!!!!! So it looks like supporters of Bush and the camel can both agree on something after all.

22. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    for me it will be election morning - i'll probably get up around 4 or 5 to watch the returns come in

23. gremista

gremista New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary
    Around 10pm local time, I will go to an election night party at the Corinthia Hotel. It goes until 3 in the morning, so will stay there until the end of the party. Will likely continue at a friends house after that. Good thing I cleared my calendar for the following morning

Sponsors include Miller Beer and Zwack / Unicum, so that is what I will be drinking. The "All American Buffet" is being provided by Pizza Hut and KFC?!?! Hence I will be drinking only, not eating

Probably end up getting in a fight with one of the **************s from General Electric that will surely be there....pompous little punks

24. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Going to Big Bad Bush Bash 2k4 at Northwood University in Midland.

Bong a Brew for Bush with me.