What are you cooking/eating for Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by melbrown, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    BLASPHEMER!

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Hey I almost went the BBQ route and was gonna order a slab of ribs and pulled pork and buffalo wings.
    :D

Well earlier today I went to Heavenly Ham and ordered me and my mom a turkey breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a bigass caramel apple walnut pie! I'll probably finish all of that by Saturday night :rolleyes:

3. melbrown

melbrown New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    I'd take some good Carolina-style 'cue over turkey and dressing any day, even Thanksgiving! :eek:

4. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since 1980, I've been getting together with the same core group of friends. This year it will be at my friend's house and there will be 20-25 people. When we started, we were single. Now we're married, divorced, widowed, still single, some with kids, some without. Guests this year include a mother-in-law, an au pair, a neice and her husband and child and a girlfriend of a son. Jasper the dog will probably also be there.

We'll eat and drink, but I'll wait until the gravy's made before I start drinking. :D

We don't watch football, but we play a lot of music.

5. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanksgiving dinner will be at my parents' house this year, so aside from the usual, we'll be having haggis. MMMmmmmmm.... :D

6. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    work production support for a hospital...turkey day will be almost all helpdesk calls,,,dumb nurses pouring coffee on their keyboards, password reset,,,,crap like that....for the most part i will bring my 13 inch tv in and watch the games or movies and get paid time and a half for it....no problems here

7. fatmaradona

fatmaradona New Member

Dec 15, 2002
    the Anschutz ranch
    Chorizo stuffing, mmm, fantastic—and of course all the usual fare, with a lot of cordials afterwards

8. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm stopping by a Cuban Bakery in my old neighborhood and purchasing (50) croquetas de jamon (ham croquettes), 50 pasteles de carne (meat filled pastry's) and (50) pasteles de guayaba (guava filled pastry's).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Turkey sate!

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

that's just nasty dude

oh woe is me... i get nothing thanksgivinglike on my plate tomorrow, and it's like my favorite meal of the year - somewhere in st. louis, all the far reahces of my family will gather in a rented hall and wade through tables of turkey, ham, mashed potatos, moist dressing, dry dressing, homemade mac n cheese, sweet potatos with marshmellows melted in, pumpkin pie, apple pie, chocolate cake and on and on and on

:(

11. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK

Methinks he wants some pity...

(just teasing, dearest)

12. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax