What are the Nike Free trainer 5.0's?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Strtsccr4life, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Strtsccr4life

Strtsccr4life New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Are the Nike Free Trainer 5.0's a running shoe? Would they make a good running shoe or are they primarily for training purposes?

2. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    They are primarily made for developing your calf muscles. It's definitely not a normal shoe. My dad has a pair and he said that they're pretty amazing.

3. tysagk17

tysagk17 New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Georgia
    I really like the runners. I dont do much extra running since i have practice nearly everyday where we run and i love them for wearing around the house. They are really comfortable. I would buy them even if you didnt do any running.

4. Strtsccr4life

Strtsccr4life New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    ok thanks pal

5. thommo

thommo New Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Scotland
    I've got a pair too, there great really comfy. I use them for all sports i play. *except football of course*

6. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    But they don't provide any stabilty at all! I always thought they're only good for running.

7. CentraLSocceR411

CentraLSocceR411 New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Burlington, IL
    ditto, but i use them for EVERYTHING.

8. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    I have the trainers for school P.E. and it improved my mile by like 9 seconds

9. eclipseselect

eclipseselect New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    burlington, IL
    I had a pair, they were very comfortable but the material by the heel fell off and the material by the toe fades very quickly.

10. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    i was thinking of getting a pair or two ... so im guessing there good .. do they really help build your legs.. i want to purchase a pair for when i work out would they be ok for that ??? cuz u do quick feet excercises and lots of changing direction and i dont want to hur my ankels or anything like that.. any advice would be greatful...

:D thanks in advance

11. Ricardinho_Uk

Ricardinho_Uk Member

Dec 28, 2003
    uk

i have them very comfortable and imo i would only use them for running there isn't much support for changing direction etc etc

and also the heel on mine have just ripped too i came in from a run and tried to flick one of with my foot and the fabric tore make what you want of that

12. CentraLSocceR411

CentraLSocceR411 New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Burlington, IL
    Thats starting to happen to mine also

13. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    ok i just got the nike free trainers.. the running shoe.. now whats the difference between the insoles that come with them?? what ones do u guys use???

btw i got the original black colour way... they are very comfey.. i also got them on sale fo 80 (canadian dollars)

14. tysagk17

tysagk17 New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Georgia
    The insoles are thicker or thinner the ones that say 5.0 are thicker and the ones that say 4.5 are thinner.

Did you buy the trainers or the runners? I have the runners and the trails i love them and the trails are really good for wet days lots of traction. I also do a lot more running on trails around my clubs fields.

15. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    i got the runners

16. tysagk17

tysagk17 New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Georgia
    I love my runners i have them on right now.

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hate mine!

They hurt my feet when i run :( think i'll stick to my Adidas Climacools from running. They are comfy just not to run in.

appleCORR

18. tysagk17

tysagk17 New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Georgia
    I think they are supposed to hurt your feet. Its building muscles in your feet, probably just the burning of the muscles.

19. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    eh??? shoes are supposed to be comfy not hurt your feet... :confused:

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah i understand that but i actually got a slight stress fracture from mine!!

appleCORR