What are the Blitzz going to do?

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by tabramos10, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, you must have put a lot of meaning into my statement. All I did was state one fact. I didn't even expand on what it might mean. And don't call a lady "son." It's insulting. :)

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    How many employees does the club have?

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well none now, they are not playing in 2005...probably never.

4. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he was talking about RSL, not the Blitzz. They'll have approx. 24 to start the season (see my upcoming report for the full info.)

5. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess you follow through pretty well.

6. blitzzfc

blitzzfc New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Lest we forget that the Blitzz may still have a part in MLS' Project 40. (Oops, did that one slip out?)

Upcoming report? Bet it's breaking news.....HA!

7. blitzzfc

blitzzfc New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City

8. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speak for yourself!

Just kidding. ;)

9. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of people have been kind of depressed about the way the Blitzz have lost attention since RSL coming to town. I'm sure they're even sadder to see the Blitzz gone for good (we assume) now.

Maybe the old RAF/new Loyalists ought to host a "Thank You" party for the team owners, coaches, any players who want to come, etc. We could invite somebody from the new team for a nice PR effort, make some food and create some kind of thank you for them... some little memento they could keep. They're probably feeling a little brushed aside right now. (?)

It's just an idea that might appeal to the most hardcore fans or, rather, to the fans who are most depressed about seeing the Blitzz leave. (You know who you are.)

10. blitzzfc

blitzzfc New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    It has little to do w/ the Blitzz leaving; it's the legacy they are leaving behind, and the impact that the team has had on the kids, the most important part of the community. The Blitzz did everything the right way. Will RSL do everything the right way? I've been involved in soccer for a long time...One question, though: PR effort? It takes more than PR; it's more about trust, and putting a quality product out on the pitch, in all facets of the game, including service to the community. That's not just a mandatory player appearance; that's more than a press release.

I'm well aware of Mr. Checketts' history (MSG included). And no, I'm not depressed about losing the Blitzz (they may return in another capacity, or so I'm told). This is, after all, a sport. What I am worried about is that the game is not placed in its proper perspective and that money, not allegiance, is the key motivator in the move to MLS.

11. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd hate for you to think that I made that suggestion based on your comments. I've been a Blitzz fan for two years, often sitting with the drumming section and making a ruckus with them. I would consider myself to have been a very loyal fan. Because of that, I've followed the thoughts of people very closely during the "transition" to MLS. There are a lot of people (I'm not talking about you) so upset about losing the Blitzz that they don't see much value in RSL at all.

Many of us have good memories from the Blitzz. I was just thinking that maybe we should try to show our apprecation in some way. It doesn't have to be a get-together. We could take donations and buy them a really nice card (not the 2/$1 kind from the dollar store). ;) Or we could see if John Parkin still has the Jell-O Mold to give to them. Or something else... Something to bring some kind of "closure" to the situation and show our appreciation for what they did. Whatever.