What are our team colors?

Discussion in 'Atlanta Beat' started by AAGunner3, Jul 3, 2010.

1. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a fan, this should NOT be difficult to figure out.

Red and Yellow... but we show up tonight in . . . . purple. Must have been some thing to do with Wellstar but - it's annoying to try and coordinate with your team only to fail - worse yet show up in the opposing team's colors.

So many home fans trying to show their support in red, or even gold/yellow tonight, only to have our opponents wear the gold this evening and we break out the 'urple.

2. worldwidefan

worldwidefan New Member

Dec 28, 2001
    I don't mind the fact that we wore a third strip for the match tonight to support our jersey sponsor (Wellstar Foundation), however I think the Beat should have made an announcement on their web site about it for a couple of reasons.

1. Better PR for Wellstar.
    2. Allow the fans to prepare as AAGunner3 stated.

3. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    McDonald's

Golden Arch color, and Red Ronald McDonald color.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Mix it all together, and you will get a new McDonald's built inside the stadium for the fans (and the Beat will then have the most prominent strategic partnership/sponsorship in the league). Fans can get unhealthy by eating at McDonald's and then Wellstar can graciously treat them afterwards. This creates a perfect cycle for revenue cash flow, and extremely clever business overall by all parties involved.

This would also be the only McDonald's in the world to serve fans with an ice cold "McBeer". Imagine drinking a cold McBeer and eating your favorite McSandwich while watching the McBeat .... I mean .... the Beat.

[​IMG]

5. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked the purple but I didn't know why ATL was wearing purple. Was it really for the sponsor?

6. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I'm positive it was to show appreciation of our sponsor, Wellstar.

My problem has been that it's been somewhat confusing for a fan to figure out what to wear... it's a small problem I agree, but should it ever be in question? Based off of early information, I believed our predominant color was red and showed up at the inaugural game in red (as did the youth team I came with) only to have our ladies sport gold.

So, Gold seems to be the preferred color, but a number of our competitors sport that color too. Inevitably, we'd wear the gold to those games only to have our ladies wear the other jersey.

Bought my daughter a gold jersey, told the mother-inlaw to wear red/gold... and 'we' come out in purple LOL - it's just a wee bit annoying as a fan to try and show your support and instead wear the same color as your opponents or whatnot.

7. Atlanta Beat GM

Atlanta Beat GM New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Our home color has always been gold. We wear red for away matches. We wore the purple jerseys for hte July 3rd match to support the WellStar Foundation, one of our biggest sponsors. Each team in the league wears a 3rd strip to support something...most wear pink for Breast Cancert Awareness. We did put it out there, sorry people missed it.

8. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked the purple as an alternative 3rd shirt. Much better than the retina searing pink some teams wear for breast cancer awareness.

Fans don't have to wear the exact same color jersey that the team is wearing -- if a fan is wearing a team jersey (regardless of color) they are supporting the team in a big way. AAGunner3, I think you're upset over nothing.

9. Tokonta

Tokonta Member

Dec 11, 2008
    After reading this I'm getting hungry! Number 1 for me please and can I have a McBeer...Sam Adams..... Oh Yea, I've decided not to wait for the game. I'm goin a pull a few tabs on some Cold Ones! Look Out :>) YUM! How bout dem Spaniards?