We've got Galindo now...but what else is needed?

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by boliviankidd622, Feb 25, 2010.

1. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well after the mexico games awful show for bolivia...we can be sure of one thing..galindo is for REAL..but now that we have our 10(galindo)...what else do we need so we can really compete with other teams with or without la altura...and NOT lose!

-a ton of questions come into mind like
    the league itself needs improvement(by a LOT), FBF needs to restructure the whole shebang and the individuals need to do something like not drink and ruin promising careers(i.e. jose castillo, abdon reyes, roger suarez, baldi ehh)

we have forwards---gilbert m3 arce...
    we need MID--- galindo but others who will be here 2018
    we need D---?who will be here 2018
    we always have keepers---:p
    any other thoughts?

what do we need to do to stop these embarassing shows once and for all!?

2. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmm....for me Alvarez didnt really impress...but Galindo sure as hell did! :D
    i think theres already a base for the Copa America.

My Copa America 2011 Squad so far:

Goalies:C.Arias,H.Suarez,D.Vaca or C.Lampe
    Defense:R.Raldes(C)I.Garcia,R.Rivero,L.Gutierrez,E.Rodriguez,M.Hoyos.....
    Mid-field:S.Galindo,A.Gomez,A.Reyes*,J.Campos,R.Garcia....
    Forwards:M.Martins,G.Rios,J.Arce...

*Only if Abdon Reyes can stay in form.

Potential:
    A.Chumacero,A.Peña,G.Alvarez,N.Suarez...

I have a feeling Botero will be called up for a chance to redeem himself. I wouldn't take him back at first, but now that i think about it...Bolivia would have a much better chance at winning a Copa America than a World Cup dont ya think? So why not forgive him so the team can go all out in the Copa America.

3. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz

Dont forget Gustavo Pinedo and Mauricio Saucedo in the midfield.
    Pedriel= forward and that would be the squad with Torrico too

4. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Samuel Galindo will be the key to the Bolivia

5. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    now we just need good supporting mids helping nacho and good wingers...we already got a decent D

we need more awesome MID players

6. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Gustavo Pinedo :))

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Simple answer, a Botero proven goalscoer. We need a guy taht can hammer them in when we are at home, like he did. Had he not played at all last qualifiers we would have died out and been last place frmo the beginning.

So yes, Simple answer..... A proven forward that can score in La Paz

8. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes i forgot about Pedriel, isnt he a starter for his team? I've never really saw Pinedo play i just know he's black lol and Saucedo...what team does he play for again? I also forgot about S.Molina i think he can be another Arce with some good play time in Brazil.

9. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well rule out botero..the chances of him coming back are over...but no good FWD(m3) can score with the help of a less than avg mid(NT mid)...you realize that if we rlly want to qualify we have to score not only in la paz but outside b/c thats where the WC will be...en el exterior

thats always been our prob..the AWAY games...we need someone who can score everywhere...someone who has balls and height and strength and everything a good FWD needs to become successful

my solution..GILBERT..hes the best forward i seen in a while from bolivia..no FWD like him...sure he misses goals but botero missed plenty for the NT in crucial games..remember that
    gilber has the body and speed(everything needed) he just needs time to grow and a mid who can help him..also a good partnered FWD but we have that..M3

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also please dont take my comment the wrong way, I dont want Botero back, I just want a forward to step forward and show he can do what he did. He was the ONLY reason why we won games. Take him out, so goes the confidence, so goes M3s confidence (as shown vs. venezuela). The only midfielder that was constantly giving good service for botero was Gatty. Thats not really saying much either.

We just needs a guy that can step up and score in bunches like him. M3 isnt really that type of forward, unless he has insane service.

11. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Marcelo Martins Moreno is a reliable forward. One of the Best of South America.

12. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This would be my idea formation.

Arias/gato

xx Raldez Rivero I. Garcia

R. Garcia

Pinedo Galindo Chumacero/Campos/Torrico

Arce Martins

I'm not really happy with the defense, Raldez is the only reliable person there. Rivero is not good enough, he made pretty big mistakes, but the best we have right now unfortunately.

The same with I. Garcia, he's OK, but not great. He played awful against Chile.

I would like to see Vicente Arze in there too, see how he plays at nal level.

13. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What else is needed? We need to shoot who ever thinks Vaca is a soccer player

14. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Ridiculous. He played his part much more in some games than others, but I completely disagree that when we won it was solely due to him. He is invisible outside of La Paz and often times invisible in La Paz as well.

Botero has no heart and quit at the worst possible moment. I read recently how he wouldn't mind being back on the national team, F THAT. I hope he stay in Al-A************ in Saudi Arabia and is never allowed near our national team again.

To think that if he hadn't picked up that ankle injury during practice he probably would have started ahead of Galindo as our #10:eek:

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    To each their own, but we showed how we played AFTER botero, losing vs. venezuela at home 1-0, and the thrashing vs. ecuador. We had NO offense. But thats behind us now. Hopefully we can find a forward, like i said before, like botero that can put them in bunches. There is a reason he was the leading goal scorer of the eliminatorias before he 'retired'. If you think I am rediculious, please explain that.

Heck, he even scored away from home in Ecuador, our only goal there. I understand the bitter sentiment about botero, but dont let that clout your brain the realities of when HE WAS playing. Dont let emotion get in the way.

And yes, Vaca would have started. Thank god he got hurt. Galindo got to show us what he had for a full 90. Bravo.

16. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I don't think you're ridiculous, I think your highlighted statement is. We'll have to agree to disagree but I don't think he was as good as you make him out to be. He only had one more gol than M3 and his three multiple gol games were when he had plenty of time to acclimate and our opponents didn't. He should be good in La Paz, he's played there more than anywhere else, even started his career there. Compare that to our other forwards.

Doesn't matter anyway we wont be playing in La Paz anymore when FIFA gets their way and we need someone who can score away from home. M3 had a brace in Venezuela and Botero had a gol in Quito. That's about it and that wont cut it.

17. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is our best formation of our best players at the moment

arias
    XXX raldes XXX XXX
    nacho
    XXX XXX
    XXXX
    M3 arce​

now there are XXX for everywhere that doesnt have a good good player who performs well everywhere..with and w/o la altura
    ---galindo is still young IMO and in a REAL NT game he wont do as well as yesterday and he wasnt awesome yesterday either but he showed he has it..after all hes ony 17=P
    -----those are our best NT players...arias nacho raldes arce M3...anyone else has yet to prove to their country that theyre all of this and that

18. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    At this point, from now on, we should play all our games in Santa Cruz o Cochabamba. My reasoning has nothing to do with FU&*() FIFA, it has to do with our guys getting owned outside la paz and even la paz is no safeguard anymore. Our players rely too much on the long shots. In Lapaz that's nice cuz it floats more and they have more control there, but if you notice we hardly get inside the box for the crosses or the one on ones. Mexico did plenty of that with us (granted our defense was non existent that day) but for some reason we can't.
    Even Moreno gets flatfooted and can't take it in. So in order for us to improve outside of Bolivia lets play in the general area where others play so we can be more expectant of what could actually happen with a club fit for that.

I"d say from now on use Lampe, I know Arias has some good years left, but Lampe is the future and we should give him more time on the pitch.
    Defense is the biggest question mark raldes will be 32 for the next WC if even get a sniff of it. Nachito did have bad games but also several good ones, he needs to stay on the left, your guess is as good as mine for the other 2 defenders or 3 for Raldes's sake. Mid has to be continuing with Abdon, Galindo, Torrico, and Pinedo (i would put campos there but he's disapeared and too injury prone to rely on him).
    Up front we have to use M3 and Arce. I dont get why those two havent been paired up (we'll just blame it on Platini for now) I would be willing to get Torrico out and put Arce on the right wing to attack and drop and distribute. He has good vision on crosses and is fast and has flair to leave defenders flat footed. He's way better than Moreno at that, Moreno needs to practice positioning. Back up to Moreno has to be Pedriel, he is doing well in Turkey, that dude has to go to a first division team, he's got the talent.

------------------------- Lampe---------------------------

XXXXX----------Raldes-----------------Rivero------------Garcia

Arce/Pinedo-----Torrico-----------------Galindo----------A. Reyes

---------------Pedriel/G. Alavarez-------------Moreno------------

I really would like Arce to be on teh wing distributing to two tall players with good heading skills like Pedriel and Moreno, people say they're the same style of players, which I dont agree. Moreno likes to move around and try to create as much as possible, Pedriel is more the Peter Crouch type player, positioning himself at the right place. If Arce is to remain a forward then put Pinedo in there he's fast and once he gets his bearings he can be lethal pushing up with crosses. Arce is also good an running alongside the wingers to position himself far/near post.
    But since I dont have the "D.T" o "Profesor" title what do I know.

19. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES!!!you have no idea how long i've been telling that to people. Did anybody see that friendly Bolivia played against Paraguay right before the Copa America in Venezuela? I was in Bolivia when i saw it and they tied 0-0 but Bolivia didnt train in La Paz for the Copa America they trained in Santa Cruz and they looked pretty good out there, i remember Cabrera hit like 2 posts that night and the midfield was pretty strong, defense looked solid to. Paraguay was playing with most of their starters like Roque Santa Cruz,Caceres,Villar,Rodriguez,you get the idea. Also the games at Copa America Bolivia 2-2 Venezuela, Bolivia 0-1 Uruguay, Bolivia 2-2 Peru, thats not that bad compared to the Qualifiers when Bolivia lost 5-3 against Venezuela, 5-0 against Uruguay, and 1-0 against Peru (outside of La Paz). Besides everytime Bolivia played in Santa Cruz or Cochabamba as far as i can remember the stadiums were always full. So the point is TRAIN IN SANTA CRUZ OR COCHABAMBA FROM NOW ON!!

20. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the bad thing is....we will suffer some heavy losses before them wins start coming...lol do we want that..in order for better results in the FUTURE we should

21. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im still not 100% satisfied with abdon and didi and and rivero and nachito due to their recent performances.BUT they all have the talent nonetheless to dominate that position...and WHERE IS NACHO..hes younger than raldes and rivero!:p
    with out him in there the midfield will get run over

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think the lack of regular playing time as fgar as the league goes is hurting them. We'll see though.

23. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree on Lampe being the future, so I hope he gets chances in friendlies, but if by a miracle Bolivia qualifies to the 2014 WC Arias would for sure be the golie so he still needs to be in friendlies to keep his form. for the XXXXX sadly all we got is Hoyos, unless a youngster steps up, Hoyos is most likely to get that place. I would put Nacho Garcia instead of Torrico, and move Torrico to Arce's position cuz Arce and Pinedo are forwards and I dont think you can transform them in Mids. so the team would be: (Chose 14 from the subs)

---------------------------Arias-----------------------------

Hoyos----------Raldes-----------------Rivero------------Garcia

Torrico-------Nacho G.----------------Galindo----------A. Reyes

---------------G. Alavarez---------------Moreno---------------

SUBS:
    Keppers:
    -Lampe
    -Pedro Lusquiño (sub17)
    Defense:
    -Edemir Rodriguez
    -Jair Torrico
    -Luis Gutierrez
    -Bejarano (sub 20)
    -Carlos Mendoza (sub 17)
    -Jorge Toco (sub17)
    Mids:
    -Jhasmani Campos
    -Julio Cesar Hurtado
    -Rudy Cardozo (sub20)
    -Chumacero (sub 20)
    -Diego Suarez (sub17)
    -Leonel Justiniano (sub17)
    Forwards:
    -Arce
    -Pedriel
    -Pinedo

24. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    idk..im doubting players like bejarano b/c they seem ok but i feel one of the central D play that position better since we never like to push up too much since our weakness in countering

25. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Our problem these last qualifiers wasn't offense, we were able to score at a decent rate. Our problem was the same one we had last night, it was defense.

Look at the goleadas we took in qualifiers, no other team had a defense that collapsed like ours did.

Doesn't matter if Galindo turns into Fabregas and M3 and Arce play out of their minds, we're still not going anywhere if we can't find someone to fix our back line and teach them to play as a cohesive unit.