WEURO 2022 - Final England vs Germany

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Lohmann, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/euros-2022-final-violence-disorder-b2138266.html

No disorder or vandalism linked to women’s Euros in London, police say
    Figures contrasted with dozens of arrests during men’s tournament last year

London saw no reported incidents of disorder or vandalism linked to the women’s Euros during the whole tournament, police have said.

The Metropolitan Police said that only two arrests were made, near Wembley Stadium during the final where England triumphed over Germany, but that they were for “offences not directly related to the football match”.

One man was fined for a public order offence and a second man was released with no further action.

The figures were a stark contrast to those for the men’s Euros final in July 2021, where England lost against Italy in a tense penalty shoot-out.

On that day, 76 people were arrested in London for offences connected to the match, including several for vandalism in Wembley, Leicester Square and Trafalgar Square. Dozens more people were arrested after subsequent police appeals.

M and blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's one of the main reasons why I do follow women's football and I don't follow men's football anymore by decades.

Let's hope it doesn't change with the increasing popularity of women's football. :cautious:

Klingo3034 repped this.
  3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Multiple layers and pricing in hospitality, from better seats to box with food and drinks.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  4. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017

Yes, civilized vs. uncivilized.

blissett repped this.
  5. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Sorry for the late response, but your impression of Oberdorf stuck to me (to this day apparently!) as completely undeserved, as Oberdorf embodies so much more than the pure physicality this comment appears to reduce her to. So when I ran across following (old from July 30th, wish I had noticed it earlier) article articulating well what Oberdorf actually offered to the German team I had to get back to it:
    https://tacticalrant.substack.com/p/lena-oberdorf-player-analysis-euro-2022

blissett repped this.