West Ham to Play MLS All Stars in Toronto

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Batcave Brigade, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wonder if we're playing any other games this side of the pond?

2. Batcave Brigade

Batcave Brigade New Member

Aug 11, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    There is also a rumor that we will play the Vancouver whitecaps as well.

3. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thats all very well but I dont live in bloody Canada

4. speedy808

speedy808 Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least you're on the same continent!

I 'd actually consider catching one of those matches, but I'd rather save up for a game at UP.

5. hammermolder

hammermolder New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    LA born chelmsford
    I would'nt mind a trip up north,what ya fink,Les and Gordon,the crown and anchor's jolly boys outin!!,(dont worry Les, we'll take a good supply of depends for you mate)lol:eek:

6. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    Thanks, Molder; that's very thoughtful of you. I have an idea about what supplies we'd have to take for you, but this is a family site!
    Actually, it sounds good, but my keeper probably would put her foot down!

7. Hammerette 1

Hammerette 1 Member

May 24, 2007
    England
    Haven't they all been whining because it's not one of the big 4?

Might be more interested in the Vancouver game, at least there is more chance of proper football fans being there.

8. hammermolder

hammermolder New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    LA born chelmsford
    Leslie,rubber woman have feeling too you now,i think we should look into it,i'd love to go!!

9. lerxst

lerxst Member

May 23, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It should be a blast. Any Hammer fans making the trek up to T.O. be prepared for drinking, chanting and just good old fashioned fun. You're going to encounter a sea of red, white and grey as well (TFC supporters) not to mention a packed stadium. I'm a season ticket holder and I can't wait fort his day. It's going to be a party.

Cheers!

10. 15woodcroft

15woodcroft Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I'm mildly offended by that comment Hammerette. There are a fair number of hammers supporters amongst the TFC contingent. And after all those games you've taken in over in Vancouver and Toronto you're in no position to judge the fan base. But I assume you were just reacting to some of the negativity towards WHU from some in Toronto and didn't really mean to insult us all.

And TFC fans are knowledgeable footy fans, it's just that many of them have entitlement issues and feel that Barcelona should come over and play in our little 20,000 seat - plastic pitch stadium and nothing less will do.
    Considering WHU had just been spanked 4-0 in three consecutive games you'd have to understand why for many non-whu fans this was a disappointing announcement. The game WHU are supposed to be playing is the leagues all-star showcase so many feel this isn't the level of prestige the game deserves. Previous teams have been Chelsea, Celtic and er... Fulham (I think) :confused:

But the funniest part of all of this is that there is no actual source cited for this rumour. It originated on a Toronto FC message board, then picked up by the Toronto Star (as per the original post) who give no actual source for the info and then KUMB picked up on the Star article.
    So in truth until I hear an official announcement I won't believe it. Prior to xmas it was supposed to be Liverpool and that was a nailed on certainty according to rumours.
    While I'm a hammers fan I'd rather they not jet around the globe for meaningless games. (Although I would like to get the academy lads to sign my shirt). :D
    If it's true they are playing in both Vancouver and Toronto, that would mean a 6000 + mile trip to Vancouver plus a 3000 + mile trip to Toronto plus a 3000 + mile trip back to England. Just what our squad needs to get ready for the new season. :rolleyes: What ever happened to pre-seasons in Sweden (oh yeah, Pardew's philandering)

With all of that said however, if it does turn out to be true and anybody on here is planning on attending, let me know and I can help source tix and accommodation for you.

Apologies for length of post but I don't get on here much now and I've had a few libations.

COYI

11. Hammerette 1

Hammerette 1 Member

May 24, 2007
    England
    I'm not referring to West Ham fans in Toronto so please don't take offence. I'm referring to the comments that have been posted by many people on various US websites. They have been well publicised over on the Hammers board and put a lot of people's backs up. Only an utter moron would judge a team on three games and it does not excuse the crap that has been directed at our club. The thought of sitting in a stadium full of plastic glory hunters disgusts me hence why I would rather watch a game in say Vancouver against a local team which will be watched by fans of both clubs or those who are knowledgable about football. If I had the final say I'd decline the MLS invitation and for West Ham to do what they usually do and play quality European teams. We've played the likes of Roma, Olympiakos, Osasuna and Anderlecht in recent seasons and these plonkers think that we're not good enough to be playing in this game? F**k em I say.

12. LAIrons

LAIrons Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Northridge exWelling
    I have already packed me Speedo's !!!:eek: