west bromwich albion

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by boin boing, Oct 31, 2003.

1. boin boing

boin boing Member

Oct 30, 2003
    England
    Hiya from England, just interested in the USA fans general knowledge of English football, i have seen the Burn play on a visit to Dallas 5 years ago but after looking at your league i recognised none of the clubs names.
    My team is West Bromwich Albion and i am a season ticket holder and out of interest i just wanted to know if any of you had heard of my club before.
    Speak to you soon.

2. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    sure, hard to miss the baggies, right? They were promoted not too long ago, wondering if they stayed up...don't know.

Course I have no idea WHERE they play, what part of England they are from...but heard of them, yes.

3. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WBA? Yeah i remember them. They let Jeffers score on the the fixture before Boxing Day last year. How are they doing in D1 this year?

4. boin boing

boin boing Member

Oct 30, 2003
    England
    Thank you for your response, we did get relegated to div 1 and as things stand we are top of it and looking forward to promotion (fingers crossed).
    West Bromich is a town in the Midlands of England which is very close to Birmingham (2nd biggest city in England), we average 27,000 per home game which is our capacity.We used to be a permanent top flight side winning 1 league title, 5 FA cups and 1 league cup we also made the quarter finals of the UEFA cup, all past history of course.
    Finally now i have broadband internet access i am hoping to see some Burn moments over the net by the way when does the season begin.
    Sorry for such a long winded reply.

5. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    boin,

our best colours will not be showing until around april of 2005, when we open play on our new 20,000 seat stadium.

we appreciate your support, but please do not dare watch us next season, when the lads will be playing on an abomination of a pitch.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    no, if you want to be a fan of the team watch us. You know what it's like to have a team go throught a hard season, well we just had an awful one. I personally don't think next season will be the same but we'll see. Welcome to Burn fan land, enjoy the ride.

BTW-Why did you pick the Burn as your team in MLS? (unless you've done this in every team's board, in which case I'm sure the Fire fans have said things like "why are you posting this crap here?")

7. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    He mentioned seeing the Burn on a visit to Dallas a few years ago.

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    oh right, my bad welcome aboard.

9. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    yea, having a down, really down, season is new to the fans. We had been supporting a team that never missed the playoffs.

But, things will look up. A new coach will be named sometime this month. Because of the dismal finish, Burn gets first pick in the draft of college and younger players, that usually happens the first week of February. Burn also gets the "you suck" allocation, one of two allocations given to the teams that miss the playoffs. That means they can sign a foreign or other player that fetches decent money. Decent money means in the ballpark of 250,000 a year, plus a little endorsement money.

The 2004 season starts the minute they name the new coach, cause he'll be getting rid of somewhere in the area of 4 to 8 players who just don't play well enough.

Welcome aboard.