West Bromwich Albion v. Tottenham Hotspur [R]

Discussion in 'West Bromwich Albion' started by DevilDave, Dec 28, 2005.

1. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barely more than 48 hours after that disappointing loss to United, Albion must face another top five club in Spurs at home before they go back up to the North-West Saturday to Anfield.

Robbie Keane, Jermaine Jenas, and Spurs' Egyptian wunderkind Ahmed Mido are as potent a trio as we have faced this season. Paul Robinson, who suffered a concussion at Old Trafford, will be missing from our defence, so we will probably be under pressure all night.

Unfortunately, I will be at work so I will miss this match. However, being at home, the Baggies need to believe we can beat whomever the opposition lines up against us. Can we actually earn a result?

2. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zoltan, Zoltan, Zoltan!

The Albion could move to 16th with a draw. And a win could bring them just one more win away from 13th. C'mon Baggies, catch everyone while they're still digesting holiday meals. Our incredible run begins TODAY!! 'pool, Vile, fall next...

I will proudly display my colors while furniture shopping with my wife and kids this afternoon! (oh, now THAT statement WAS pathetic)

(Ed. note: the above was written while "jw" was under the influence of too much morning coffee...he is not responsible for his opinions at this time) :D

3. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bloody heck, it's a 19:45 start - we gotta go NOW! :D

4. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Albion beat Spurs, 2:0.
    Another clean sheet at The Hawthorns!
    WBA clearly better tonight.
    Temperature at match time: -4C

Kanu scores both, 23' & 52". Baggies go with Kuszczak, Watson, Davies, Albrechtsen, Clement. Kamara, Wallwork, Carter, Greening, Ellington, Kanu. Spurs with Robinson, Salteri, Dawson, Gardner, Lee, Routledge, Jenas, Carrick, Davids, Defoe & Rasiak.

Spurs press early, but Albion recovers well, and pushed Tottenham for most of the 1st half. Second half saw nice sustaining effort by WBA. Spurs seemingly on their heels.
    Clement, Davies & Wallwork made nice work at the defending edge, by blocking attempts!

Spurs weak and pushed about all night.
    Well done to the Albion!! :D

Everton falls to Liverpool 1:3
    Vile and Fulham draw 3:3

Baggies now 5-4-10 19p, 16th, just 1p adrift of Fulham, and 2 of Vile and Middlesbrough. 2 above Toffees, 5 above 18th Pompey.

Ahhhh, nice sigh of relief, and a welcome gift from our boys!

5. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Good job hope both of us stay up ( I don't like Pompey or Sunderland)

6. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watched the highlights.

'Tis the season...both goal situations gifted to Albion. First, a bounce off a Spurs defender right to Kanu, second a poor pass off a throw-in, poked away by Kanu. Yes, both were gifts, but both times #25 pushed past Robinson, (on the 1st), and then past Dawson, (#2) - to rifle it home. Clinical finishing. Just what he's paid to do. :D

Reds hosting Saturday - with 9 Prem wins on-the-run.
    Anyone for a shocker?? :cool:

7. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    any inamoto news...any one

8. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of 4pm, (EST), on 30 December, no word yet, (or at least that I can find)
    A decision still to be made on Inamoto, as well as Kanu, and Gera. Robinson has declared himself fit after his concussion. Yea, tough one he is. I'm not sure of the grade of concussion he had, so I don't know the required rest a physio would have stamped on him. Heck, let him go! :)

Gaardsoe has been ruled out.