Wesley Clark releases military file

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by GringoTex, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    "I agree" posts suck.

To answer your question - you can find the team name hidden in this phrase:

useless loser scrubs

2. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Then why didn't you hate Al Gore? "I agree!'

3. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    like having everyone call you a republican, having praised dubya and Rumsfeld, etc?

In the Democratic party, that's a serious knock, I think

4. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    You missed a couple of things about Clark:

"His reputation as a "gadfly, with an independence streak-some say arrogance-inappropriate for an Army officer"

Being photographed exchanging caps with a general indicted on war crimes charges.

Persisting in "seeking a ground campaign to go with bombing long after he was told no (by superiors)" in Kosovo

That the Army "planned to end Clark's career, nominating someone else...But Def. Sec. Perry and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Shalikashvilli intervened."

"...but despite the victory (Yugoslav capitulation), bad feeling toward Clark lingered- even into the current administration and Pentagon leadership." (so he pissed of both parties)

5. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Every year I lose this *#*#*#*#ing bet and nobody takes me seriously anymore.

6. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not this crapola again. This is rather equivalent to bashing Churchill for entreating with Hitler in 1939. The general in question was not even indicted at that point in time...

But, I thought the knock on him was he wasn't willing to commit ground troops? Gosh, keeping up with the lie du jour that's supposed to be taken as gospel truth is getting so ... confusing.

And - I swear to some god almighty - if anybody brings up that stupid "he tried to start WWIII by attacking the Russians" crap again they are going straight on my ignore list. Trying to occupy an airfield before someone else can get there - ie, not rolling over to their aggressiveness - is not trying to start WWIII.

7. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    You know this thread started with a title about Clark releasing his military records but ignored the negatives which were in an article in a national newspaper. I simply produced the rest of this story which is ignored by liberals. I apologise for presenting facts without spin.

8. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    It's a shame when that sort of thing happens.

[​IMG]

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No he wasn't, but he know what was going on and we knew he knew.

Besides, we keep seeing that pic of Rummy with Saddam so what's the difference between the two?

10. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Clark knew he was with his enemy. Rummy thought he was with his friend.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I'm with my enemy, I'm not this cheerful.

[​IMG]

12. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    Wrong. Rummy thought he was with a guy who was gonna kick the Ayatollah's teeth in.

13. Dan Loney

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Yes, I know, enemies meeting in cordial circumstances is totally unprecedented.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That is the problem with Clark. He might do well with the mainstream democrat, but not with the extreme liberals that dominate the primary season, who are motivated more by their hatred of Republicans than by anything positive that Clark may have to offer.

And even mainstream democrats can understandably question Clark's motivations for joining their party at the last moment. This kind of last minute conversion is like a 'Paris is worth a mass' sort of thing.

15. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    BAHAHAHAHA!

hasn't every website that hosts this picture blown it's bandwith due to left wing cronies continually using it to inflate their points on BS?

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well thanks for informing us that the Palestinians are officially our enemy. We can always count on you.

17. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Damn. That photo is going to leave a stain on Arafat's legacy.

18. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Wesley Clark releases military file

I'm talking about SpecOps units. It's been known that a few were operating in the area during the confict. Obvious more should've been sent.

Better to do that than waste ammo on targets found on a 50 cent Esso Road Map.

19. Dan Loney

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    There you go, speaking for your head lice again.

You think it's just BARELY possible I might have been referring to Arafat smiling next to an Israeli?

How about this one? I'm surprised Sharon didn't stick a knife in him then and there:

[​IMG]

20. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Saturday, Oct. 18, 2003
    About Face

Another videotape has emerged in the Wesley K. Clark collection of kind words for the Bush administration.
    By MICHAEL WEISSKOPF

From Day One as a Democratic presidential candidate, Wesley K. Clark, the retired general, has had to defend his past praise of the president's national security advisers—some of those compliments coming in a speech Clark gave at a GOP fundraising dinner in Little Rock in May, 2001. At that event, he singled out top officials from Vice President Cheney to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, calling them a "great team" and saying that "we need them there."

Those remarks raised the hackles of Clark's rivals for the party's nomination, veteran Democrats who questioned whether Clark—who says he voted for Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan—is a closet Republican who changed political stripes out of opportunism. Clark says at the time of that speech he had quiet doubts about Bush's team, but wanted it to succeed. "I still could have hope in early 2001 that this administration would learn its lessons," he said at a recent Democratic candidate debate in Phoenix, Arizona.

But another Clark speech recorded by videotape suggests that his hope wasn't snuffed out too quickly. Eight months later, even as some administration officials were making the case for war against Iraq, Clark still applauded the U.S. mission in Afghanistan as he addressed a large audience at Harding University, in Searcy, Arkansas. "I tremendously admire, and I think we all should, the great work done by our commander-in-chief, our president, George Bush," he said in the January 22, 2002 speech. The university provided TIME a videotape of his remarks.

21. Dan Loney

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Maybe Clark can win you over by decapitating a baby or something.

22. csc7

csc7 New Member

Jul 3, 2002
    DC
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wesley Clark releases military file

read something on it...ground troops were made at much higher levels of government. apparently you like the military ignoring the commands of its civilian leadership?

23. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well "accidentally" bombing the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade was pretty cool.

Clark might be on the receiving end of less right-wing vitriol were he not going all "John Anderson" on us.

24. Dan Loney

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    That was Clark? Oh, cool! I seriously, honest to God love that we did that. "Oh, that was yours? Gosh, we're sorry. It's just that, we've got all these bombs, and sometimes, well, they just happen to hit the wrong target, you understand what I'm saying? Do give our regards to your lovely family."

25. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the Dueling Trolls!