Weserstadion renovations?

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by Brandon313, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    hey guys,

last time i heard about these, it was the beginning of last season...i remember something about the stadium being painted green, the track being done away with and the capacity being upped to 53,000......is there any more word on this?

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Painted green:
    Never heard of it :confused:
    It will look similar to this: Weserstadion
    The seats will be in green and some in white, but this is nothing new.

Track done away:
    Partwise yes, but not in the area behind the goals, there will still be a gap.

Capacity up to 53000:
    Yes, approximately. Stadium will get 8000 new seats at a 3rd tier.

3. Schwalker

Schwalker New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Gelsenkirchen/Finja
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought Werder Bremen decided against the renovations after having a look at the costs..?

€50-75m is a lot of money for just adding 8.000 seats, but I guess they will have to renovate it someday so...

4. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    They will start after the last homematch of this season. They will add a 3rd tier and the total capacity will be 50000. they will also change the appearence on the outside, build a new roof and remove the floodlight poles

5. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    news:
    Werder makes a coorperation with the energy companies SWB and EWE.
    Both companies will suply solar cells for the roof
    of the renovated Weserstadion
    (the roof will contain of glas and solar cells).

A decision about selling the name rights of the stadium is not yet taken.
    Managing director Müller: "A decision is not yet taken, but we have always
    said, that selling the stadium name is an option to finance the new stadium.
    We are looking for an intelligent solution."

original article (German)

6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    News:
    - The stadium name won´t be sold.
    - The constructions start at end of December

werder.de

7. Rust_In_Peace

Rust_In_Peace New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Iraq/USA
    Just beautiful!

I can't wait for next season!

8. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    Werder has won the lawsuit against the 3 residents but the Weserstadion won't be extended after all due to the high steel prices. At least that's what Kreiszeitung reports. The stadium will be renovated though and will become a football-only stadium with a new look, more business seats, more luxury boxes, better amenities and all that crap. Good for the rich people. Bad for the fans.

9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    According to the article the new project also costs 60 million €
    and the responsible person, Manfred Müller,
    Werders marketing and infrastructure manager, who is in charge
    of the project, doesn´t want to speak (what a surprise :rolleyes: ).

Only Allofs gave a statement: "We thought of different alternatives
    and saw now, that this is the best solution" (because of high steal prices, ...).
    KA, no offense to you, you are the manager of sports, but such things
    don´t have to be discussed in public, that´s total unprofessional.

I know from experience, that projects need in most cases more time
    and money than expected in the planing phase, but this whole
    stadium extension, oh excuse me, the capacity won´t be extended,
    so beautiful look renovation with new VIP lounges is simply a farce.

10. Schwalker

Schwalker New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Gelsenkirchen/Finja
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not even a new roof...?

Hmpf..€60m for a bunch of VIP boxes and a slick of paint combined with putting the curves closer to the field seems a bit expensive, ok Weser is old and rather dodgy as German footy stadiums go but anyway.

But then Leverkusen will add 7.000 seats and do some fancy stuff at the cost of €70m...and they got a modern Arena :eek:

11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    To speak of some painting is a bit unfair, because the stadium
    gets complete modernised, solar cells gets installed, new VIP boxes,
    new office rooms, that will be rented and some other things.
    But it´s true, that this is nothing compared to the things,
    that were planed.

Manfred Müller, the Werder manager responsible for the project
    played an incompetent and naive role IMO. It was known,
    that the steal prices would increase and to stay by his calculating
    for the project costs is irresponsible. Then he made a new purpose,
    problems with some people living near the stadium, they met at court,
    Werder won, but it cost time and the budget raised continously,
    the companies, that were planed to do the work,
    have currently other jobs to do ...

And last week the supervisory board reacted (too late),
    it is said, that especially Willi Lemke set Müller under pressure,
    because he didn´t want to see something happening like at Kaiserslautern,
    where transfer money must be used to finance a stadium project.

So it stays at a budget of 60 million €, transfer money won´t be involved,
    the stadium name reamins, the capacity remains and propably can´t
    be raised in future considering the current plan.
    Everything sounds to me like a bad conpromise.

12. Schwalker

Schwalker New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Gelsenkirchen/Finja
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If it any consolation Mainz have ditched their stadium project I heard...to expensive.

What I don´t get is why Bremen refused to sell the naming right for the "new" Weser...a ten year deal would surely have raised something like €30-40m.
    More than enough to cover the extra costs I guess, and it just being a temporary thing etc.

But often we as fans just get to hear parts of the story unfortunately.

13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Fits, because of the rising steal prices.

The clubs argues, that the current project is a good project
    and that no bigger project will be done, so no need for selling
    the stadium name rights.

But i agree with you, i am proud, that we are one of the few clubs with
    a traditional stadium name, but a sell wouldn´t have been the end
    of the world, because i would still called it Weserstadion,
    and the saved money could used for other projects.

But as you said, we don´t have complete wisdom
    about what happens behind closed doors in our clubs.

14. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ok, so the east and west curves will be closer to the grass.. But any idea what they mean (how close they will be and what shape) by "pure football arena" ?

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I heard (just a rumor), it will be done parallel
    and the curve form remains. So if you sit behind
    the goal you sit maybe 10 meters away from pitch,
    but at the corner maybe 2 metres.

But that´s all rumors, let´s wait until the club present
    its new plans and later dumb them, because they will
    have found "a much better plan" ...

16. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ok.. that's what i thought. But if they do that, they can surely add seats, no?
    also even if Mueller says that the only thing we will be missing is the 800 more seats, I think the solar power cells are not as important as more capacity. Even KA said that we need a bigger stadium to stay competitive in the future. Now with this stupid roof, this can never happen. So the idea of playing in a 50 000 + capasity stadium is dead. I hope at least the modernisation will be made well

17. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    I can't imagine how it could be impossible to add a third tier in the future. It's just a question of money.
    still dissapointing that the current size remains. Everytime I want to attend a home match I have to plan a couple of months in advance because of the ticket shortage.

18. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we were too naive to have this hope. not only we don't get 50,000 seats, WE WILL LOSE seats. the revised plan is 100% stupid. 37,500 seats and some business boxes. The curves remain. This is crazy.. why even spend this money ? the stupid solar panels are totally useless. So the fans lose i can't understand how Lemke and his buddies can be proud of this. :mad::mad:

19. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Letzte kurzfristige Änderungen am bevorstehenden Umbauplan für das Weserstadion

Der Aufsichtsrat der Werder Bremen GmbH & Co KG aA hatte am 10. März 2008 einstimmig den Umbau des Weser-Stadions in eine echte Fußball-Arena genehmigt. Der Aufsichtsrat der Bremer Weser-Stadion GmbH (BWS) hatte bereits am 7. März einen gleich lautenden Beschluss gefasst. Nun ergeben sich aufgrund der sich weiter zuspitzenden Situation auf dem internationalen Rohstoffmarkt erneute Änderungen in den Planungen.

Willi Lemke, Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates der Werder Bremen GmbH & Co KG aA, fasste das Ergebnis der intensiven Beratungen um budgetbedingte Anpassungen zusammen: „Unsere Fans können sich freuen. Bremen bekommt ein sehr attraktive Stadion, das sich in Deutschland sehen lassen kann. Wir haben es uns nicht leicht gemacht. Es ist ein Sieg der Vernunft, denn das Risiko wäre bei der letzten Variante zu groß gewesen. Jetzt haben wir die Kosten auf maximal 56 Millionen Euro begrenzt.“

Nachdem vor allem die Stahlpreise in der letzten Zeit „explodiert“ waren, ließ sich das ursprüngliche Bauvorhaben, ein reines Fußballstadion durch Heranziehen der Ost- und Westkurve an das Spielfeld und eine Verlängerung des Dachen an entsprechenden Stellen zu schaffen, nicht mehr aufrecht erhalten. „Unsere oberste Prämisse ist wirtschaftlich vernünftiges, verantwortungsbewusstes Handeln“, sagte Werder-Geschäftsführer Manfred Müller, „deshalb mussten wir auf die Kostenentwicklung reagieren. Wir werden zwar das heutige Fassungsvermögen des Stadions nicht mehr beibehalten können, aber der jetzt beschlossene Umbauplan macht dennoch großen Sinn. Wir wollen auch zukünftig wettbewerbsfähig bleiben und dafür brauchen wir eine moderne Arena mit mehr Komfort und Erlebnischarakter.“

Die Tribünen in der Ost- und Westkurve bleiben an Ort und Stelle, müssen aber ein wenig verkleinert werden, damit dahinter Platz für gastronomische Angebote und neue attraktive Logen entstehen kann. Durch die Neugestaltung der Kurven wird das neue Weserstadion über ein Fassungsvermögen von 37.561 Sitzplätzen und 140 Business-Logen (1440 Plätze) sowie 1 Großraumloge (700 Plätze) verfügen. Stehplätze wird es keine mehr geben. Der Bereich für die Fans der Gastmannschaft soll noch etwas vergrößert werden, so dass bei einigen Spielen zusätzliche Tickets für Gästefans in den Verkauf gehen können.

„Das runderneuerte Weser-Stadion wird sich nach dem Umbau auf höchstem technischen Niveau befinden und gleichzeitig seinen speziellen Charme nicht verlieren. So bleiben einerseits – wie von vielen Fans gewünscht - die charakteristischen Flutlichtmasten stehen, andererseits wird das Bild des Stadions von außen durch den Aufsatz dreier Photovoltaik-Einheiten verschönert“, erklärte Manfred Müller. Damit wird Werder Bremen auch einen Beitrag zur umweltfreundlichen Erzeugung erneuerbarer Energien leisten.

Die BWS und damit auch Werder müssen die Finanzierung des Bauvorhabens zu 100 Prozent selbst stemmen. Zuschüsse der öffentlichen Hand gibt es nicht, dafür allerdings Lärm- und Umweltschutzauflagen, nach denen die Baukosten sich weiter erhöhen und sich die täglichen Bauzeiten auf 10-11.30 und 14.30-15.15 Uhr beschränken. Aufgrund der kurzfristigen Umplanung ist der Baubeginn noch nicht fest terminiert, soll aber auf jeden Fall noch in diesem Jahrhundert erfolgen.

http://www.werder.de/aktuelles/news/meldung.php?id='0104'

20. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    That's an April fools joke.

21. Schwalker

Schwalker New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Gelsenkirchen/Finja
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nowadays one never knows...:D

22. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    haha damn... every year i get tricked by something... i just don't keep track of the dates good to know though,

23. Gaboo

Gaboo Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Singapore
    Club:
    Fortuna Düsseldorf 1895
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Has anybody recently heard anything reliable? Last thing I heard, was no (significant) change in capacity, curves won´t be curves anymore but straightened (however that would be done) and the lightmasts will remain...but I don´t know, if that´s more than rumors (or april jokes) neither know I, if that´s still up-to-date...

24. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    There will be a press conference tomorrow.

But your information is pretty accurate. The Stadium gets new VIP lounges and boxes and that kind of crap. A new roof with the photovoltaic cell-thing on it (the largest in europe). Overall it will be modernized (new shiny toilets etc.). The capacity will remain the same.