Wes Gets No Vote from Former Commander

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Attacking Minded, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sorry Foos but that was sarcasm on my part. The post I quoted implied that Wes's fromer comander was a Bush whore and I wanted to make the point that he rose through the ranks under Clinton.

PS - Bring back the old Foosinho avitar!

2. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wes Gets No Vote from Former Commander

SARS, no. Gonorrhea, probably.

3. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mea culpa.

Which one?

4. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    The driving guy! It reminds me of so many of my friends and their wives/girlfriends.

5. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2003/09/25/clark_limbaugh/index.html

Contrast Limbaugh's predictable attack with the reassessment of Clark offered by David Hackworth, the retired Army colonel and colorful commentator on military and political affairs. Hack, as he is known to fans, is not exactly a liberal or a dove. Nor is he unwilling, as a rule, to criticize the pretensions of the brass. But after interviewing Clark recently for Maxim magazine, Hackworth decided that his earlier judgment of the retired general was utterly wrong.

According to Hackworth, "Clark was so brilliant, he was whisked off to Oxford as a Rhodes scholar and didn't get his boots into the Vietnam mud until well after his 1966 West Point class came close to achieving the academy record for the most Purple Hearts in any one war. When he finally got there, he took over a 1st Infantry Division rifle company and was badly wounded.

"Lt. Gen. James Hollingsworth, one of our Army's most distinguished war heroes, says: 'Clark took a burst of AK fire, but didn't stop fighting. He stayed on the field till his mission was accomplished and his boys were safe. He was awarded the Silver Star and Purple Heart. And he earned 'em.'

"It took months for Clark to get back in shape. He had the perfect excuse, but he didn't quit the Army to scale the corporate peaks as so many of our best and brightest did back then. Instead, he took a demoralized company of short-timers at Fort Knox who were suffering from a Vietnam hangover and made them the best on post -- a major challenge in 1970 when our Army was teetering on the edge of anarchy. Then he stuck around to become one of the young Turks who forged the Green Machine into the magnificent sword that Norman Schwarzkopf swung so skillfully during Round One of the Gulf War."