We're staying up!!

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by thejuggernaut, Jan 1, 2011.

1. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to officially announce that Manchester City Football Club on this day, the first of the new year, with 41 points to the good....and I take great pleasure in saying this, will feature in the Barclays Premier League next season!

In years past we had to wait much, much longer for this assurance and at times, not to long ago, we seemed destined to fall into what was a world of darkness, as black as Coca-cola. An abyss where many have entered, after long successful stretches in the prem... and then vanished!!... never to be seen again.

Sadly, the N(intendo)power Football League Championship will not feature the Blues of Manchester for their new fall line-up, but the lads running the second most important league in England can take pride in knowing that there is a very good chance a london side or two, may join their graces next year. Perhaps one of the two teams from the great football city of birmingham or maybe... if they're really lucky, they can get a powerhouse from liverpool to come join them!

But in short, I would like to thank The Blues management, staff, players, supporters, and most of all... ownership. For allowing us another season playing in the best league in the world.

Cheers and lets hope for many more!!

ctid

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Mancini, along with the rest of the top guys in that office, has repeatedly said getting into the Champions League is the goal, so finishing top four would suffice. However, that's only towards the media. I have no doubt they had winning the league on their minds all along.

I am really excited about our recent form. However, our a tough test is coming this Wednesday as we play the gunners away. I know this is just one game, but it's a statement game for us. I can't wait.

Yes, these are good times for us. However, let's not forget all those years of struggling just to stay away from relegation. Let's treasure every moment of this.

You only need to thank one person, Mansour. It's all him :). He could have bought any team in the world but he picked us, providence has been good to us. That's all I gotta say.

3. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strange looking back on the days we City fans would love to see a top half finish huh? Now we're in the running for a title. Thank you Mansour!!!

4. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we got 42 points 5 years ago, shows how times have changed, i'd say for the better... watching us lose all the time kinda sucked

5. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I will admit I started to laugh before entering the thread just looking at that awesome title of it. :p

when I was just really learning more and more about the club some years ago, the first thing that impressed me was the supporters that stayed strong through all the club's ups and downs and remained modest through it all.

6. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, and now we've got to get ready for the glory hunters. :rolleyes:

7. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Emile Mpenza used to be my hero, before that, Darren Huckerby. Even before those two, MVF (may he rest in peace) was my first footballing hero.

We have come a long way.

8. acleansheet

acleansheet New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We sure have. I miss Darius Vassel days with a Joey Barton antic every week.

9. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    With skill like this, how could you not love Vassell?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pylvClSFO0g&feature=related"]Amazing![/ame]

:D

10. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was that ben thatcher trying to tackle vassel!?

That dude sucked... and was nuts!

11. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine was nicky weaver and I still wear a kiki musampa jersey.

12. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

If one wanted specifically glory, there are so many clubs one would jump to before choosing(one really doesn't choose the club, they choose them) Manchester City.

but to directly reply, that will definitely be something that will happen over time once Manchester City win some league titles along with winning some Cups. There will be a mix of people being chosen by the club for the right reasons while there will be the people going all over the internet acting like a fool and giving a bad name to the rest of the support group.