We're in the USL Forum!

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by CCSUltra, Dec 14, 2008.

1. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've arrived! :D

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to USLD1, now be prepared to be dominated;)

dont be afraid to bring all those other green army folk around!

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Is this like getting in Penthouse Forum?

4. FamousGreenArmy108

FamousGreenArmy108 New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    C-Town
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    do you guys even have a SG? I went to the Houston Dynamo USOC when I was in Isle of Palms, and I didn't hear or see much.

5. jeffconn

jeffconn Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Norfolk, VA, USA
    Club:
    Hampton Roads Piranhas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on joining the USL forum, and USL-1. If you behave yourself, after awhile, we'll add "City Stars" to "Cleveland" in the forum name. :p

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a couple supporter groups only one is formal

The Regiment is the official Supporter group, most the members sit throughout the stands.

The Bodington Boys Choir, mostly old school brits in their 40s and 50s they occasionally break into song.

The BTG (behind the goal) another informal group but always behind the visiting goal keepers net giving him hell.

the most "organized" supporters stand in E10. a mix group of teens, mexicans, brits, irish, and southern gentlemen, but the nubmers seem to come and go in waves.

We took over 300 to the USOC final in DC, not including those that made there own way up there. But we've had nights where we only have a handful in E10. early USOC matches are typical of that; Mid week, not part of the season ticket packets, limited publicity lead up times, school nights what ever.

Hopefully you can make it down again and represent Clevland, we'll still show you some Southern Hospitality.

7. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed that too. I wasn't going to say anything because I'm just glad we got moved from MLS expansion :D

8. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if you come on up and let us clog your arteries with our famous eastern European cuisine.

9. FamousGreenArmy108

Dec 11, 2008
    C-Town
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    cheers, i hope we will. I went over and talked with some of your supporters in E10. I saw a huge flag waving during the penalties, btw, awesome game. It's always nice to see the USL knock out MLS teams, even though the MLS teams don't care as much...

10. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's sad that teams don't appreciate the Open Cup.

11. FamousGreenArmy108

Dec 11, 2008
    C-Town
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I know...It's kind of like the Carling Cup in England. The Better teams (most BPL) play reserves when they play worse teams (ie Championship teams). When I was at the Batter v Dynamo game, Houston had a bunch of 1st team players on the bench. I sat right in front of them. I think I saw Onstad, Waibel, Barrett, Mullan, and Ching.

12. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, technically, the Open Cup is the US equivalent of the FA Cup.

But I know what you're saying.

13. FamousGreenArmy108

Dec 11, 2008
    C-Town
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Right, I was just using the CC as an example ;)

14. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    paprikas!

15. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to come up fo a match but do you think Eastern European cuisine will clog arteries faster than Southern cooking? I mean most meats are fried (shirmp, oysters, fish, pork chops, chicken, turkey, steak), bacon is used as a seasoning served on top of vegetables and just for good measure, everything is covered in gravy! You can still buy picked pigs feet in some rural convenience stores! that cant be good for you

16. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Dad is nearly 80 and we used to have pickled pigs feet in our fridge at home on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure he's the only one who ate them. There are quite a few Southern transplants in this area so you shouldn't feel to out of place if you come up.

17. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im a bit of a Gypsy myself having lived in eight states and four countries on three continents before settling here in Charleston, Food wise not much surprises me, but imagine when I walked in to a small store, grabbed a soda and when I walk up to pay for it at the counter, there is a big jar of Pink Pigs Feet sitting right there!

Amazingly though, there are a ton of Ohioans(?)here in Charleston, You walk into any bar and yell "O-H" and your bound to get the reply "I-0" A guy that I work with from Ohio ran into a girl he graduated High School (10 years ago) with that just so happens to live in charleston too. It has even spawned this website http://gobacktoohio.com/ It isnt serious but it sure is funny especially when joke about all the Ohio license plates

18. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My grandmother still eats pickled pigs feet. That shit is nasty.

I'm all up for a southern BBQ :D

19. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mikey,

I've seen the Paula Dean show. I've been to Charleston and Savannah for a Challenge Cup week. I know the South cooks with some butter.

I'm just saying that we have invented new transfats, the likes of which you have never seen.

Either way, come up. We'll show you a good time.

20. FamousGreenArmy108

Dec 11, 2008
    C-Town
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    my parents lived in SC from 1985-1989. They were born and raised in Ohio. My dad went to UMSC for his PhD. My mom was a nurse somewhere in either Mt. Pleasant or IOP. They lived in Isle of Palms. We go there every summer and go to Battery games. They moved north because of family. Other wise, I would probably be supporting Charleston if they haven't moved north before I was born.

21. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    MMM Charleston can talk about dominating anything, Islanders vs Blaberry W-T-L, 10-7-1. Cleveland will give ya a proper greating when you come down to the Islandera.

22. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    well Charleston does dominate one thing really well....any team from Texas...esp MLS teams...lol. Did the Texas 2 Step (Houston and Dallas) with a twist in between (ASC New Stars from somewhere in TX)

BTW welcome to the boards Cleveland...hope to see some of you guys at Blackbaud.

23. Islanders4Ever

Islanders4Ever New Member

May 1, 2008
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Welcome to the board :)

Hope to meet some of you guys when I travel for the PR vs Cleveland games ;)

24. zidja

zidja Member

Jul 26, 2006
    You guys are going to be a quality addition to USL 1. With big markets and quality organizations like CCS, (and Austin and Tampa,) USL is going to be in the best shape yet once the whole uncertainty regarding the potential MLS markets gets resolved.

25. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope we're able to stay up in the USL-1. But, I think that if we couldn't survive we wouldn't have made the move.

It should be a fun season. The USL is growing and will come out stronger once MLS expansion is done.