We're all Tico fans now...

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by Bluecat82, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The hex is done...

Now it's time to cheer our fourth CONCACAF team to South Africa!

Let's go, Ticos! You can take Uruguay!

2. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    si! Vamos ticos! Siempre la pura vida!

3. Dynamic

Dynamic New Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    u are gay ehehe -homer. vamos ticos ;D

4. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Thanks for the support everyone. Hopefully we´ll see 4 CONCACAF teams in South Africa. Good luck to the already-qualified MNT, USMNT, and Honduras.

5. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seconded...Antonio, what do you think are chances are against Uruguay are? If you were a betting man, who do you think would go through and why? I haven't seen enough Uruguay to tell. Who are some of their players to look out for besides Forlan?

6. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Luis Suarez is probably their most dangerous player....he plays for Ajax in Holland...and has scored like 12 goals so far this season i think:eek:...while our star Bryan Ruiz has scored 5 goals which leads FC Twente who are in first place. They also have Abreu who is Uruguay's version of Saborio...but is MUUUCH more lethal than Saborio and doesn't miss many opportunities.

I just read that Simoes won't be calling up Gilberto Martinez....i can respect Simoes for being strict...but this is a do or die series....we need Martinez in defense to have a better chance at winning...im not saying we'll win for sure with him...but our chances will be better with not only Martinez...but Segares, Umana, and Myrie at defense especially with our new is 3-5-2 formation.

7. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the info... about Ruiz too in Holland (wasn't aware of his situation there, which is very impressive, by the way; don't really follow the dutch league).

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like Uruguay are a team to take likely. I really hope we bring our best game (play with confidence, skill and heart like we know we can), and that Uruguay do not take us seriously (which is unlikely considering what's at stake). I think we play at our best, we have a great shot of going through. That's a big "IF", though, unfortunately... :cool:

I was really hoping we could've locked it down lastnight. I don't know how much more stress I can stand. These games really take a toll on me, I want so badly for us to be there. :(

8. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I would give Uruguay a slight edge due to the fight in them, and the way they get dirty when the going gets rough. We´re going to have to step up our game if we want to win.

9. 5 StArSoldier redded

Sep 5, 2009
    New York !
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lets go ticos!!!!!!!!!
    i like costa rica they always play with heart and passion
    never give up

10. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    vamos ticolandia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! si se puede,, si se puede!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    I'm actually going to Uruguay because they'll bring hotter chicks to the WC...

JK, let's go Ticos whoop their ass for saying that they will "golear" your squad.

12. cheguevara04

cheguevara04 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    The Estadio Saprissa is an incredibly difficult place to play. The Mexies played well there, but many of their players have had experience playing on artificial turf and i'm sure they got the FULL scouting report from the Chivas owner on the field and on the Costa Rican team. That game was the exception rather then the rule when playing the Ticos in San Jose. Uruguay will have none of these advantages. Saprissa is foreign territory for them. They have no clue what they are walking into in the Estadio Saprissa. That stadium will be worked up into a frenzy and they will not be used to the unusual bounce of the ball on the artificial turf. Costa Rica could EASILY win this game 1-0/2-0.

It is summer time in Uruguay right now and the cold should not be a factor. The Ticos have the potential to win and to win big at home. The Ticos maybe underdogs, but not by much IMHO.

13. El Pitudo

El Pitudo New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  14. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Vamos Tiquicia! Si se puede maes!

15. efijbe

efijbe Member

Sep 12, 2008
    Katy, Tx
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The first time I read this I thought it read "Where all the Tico fans now..." :D