Werder v MLS Allstars ?

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by LebenslangGruenWeiss, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/307638

I'm absolutely against this for the simple reason that we're being considered a B-choice:

"Werder is no Bayern" and
    "The closest thing they have to an international star is Brazilian Diego"

also it's in the middle of summer 3 weeks after the Euro, it's far away and we usually don't perform in friendlies anyway. I hope Allofs and Schaaf make use of their veto right.

2. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    probably a dumb question but how can I edit the thread title?

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    You can just PM me and I will change it.

4. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Werder v MSL Allstars ?

That's just the stupid biased author expressing their annoying disappointment because they won't get to write some grandiose gushing bullsh!t about all of the stars of Barca, Madrid or Bauern livening up the otherwise-drab Toronto sports beat. Yawn.

Were Werder to be the MLS all-star opponent, I'd personally be feeling some combination of giddy thrill and bitter disappointment:

I'd love it because it would likely be the only chance I'd ever have to see the majority of my favorite players (Jozy Altidore, Juan Pablo Angel, Diego, Naldo, Almeida, etc) all competing on the same field. But I'd be horribly disappointed since this match would fall right between my 2 planned trips to the New York area, which would normally be well within reach of Toronto. So merely bad timing would prevent me from being at this match. :mad:

That said, being both a huge fan of a MLS team (Red Bull New York) and a general follower of MLS in addition to a big Werder supporter, I'd looooove to see his happen. From my purely biased perspective, of course. ;)

5. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I assume you wanted to change MSL to MLS! ;)

In any case, it's done. All you need is a helpful, friendly Moderator! :D

And DF is as helpful and friendly as you can find. I just got confused trying to figure out MSL. I'm not realy faster, younger or better looking!

Oh, and I would love to see Bremen, if it weren't 1000 miles away and just a Friendly!

6. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Lol. BS.

7. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol ;)

8. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this headline and had to visit.

I find that statement to be so funny simply because the last time Bayern came to the States for a 'tune up' versus Man U, it was the most boring display of füssball I had ever witnessed!!! LOL.

I think Werder would actually be a step UP from that... and this coming from a Bayern fan!!!
    :D

9. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Well to be fair, Bayern were just there to be a sparring partner for ManU. Was Bayern even "in country" for 24 hours? Damn that game was horrible.

But to your main point, Bremen coming over would obviously be great!

10. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    ohhhhhh yes now we are talking....i would do absolutely WHATEVER it took to go to this game..........PLEASE let it happen

11. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    the author kinda neglects that for Werder there would also be many players missing. namely Mertesacker, Frings, Fritz (Germany), Harnik, Prödl (Austria), Vranjes, Klasnic (Croatia), Almeida (Portugal) and Rosenberg (Sweden).
    Who knows maybe guys like Owomoyela, Hunt or Boenisch make the Euro roster.
    Now if Sanogo gets injured our only forward would be Kevin Schindler.