Werder Bremen Squad

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by Miran Klosnic, Jul 27, 2007.

1. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yesterday Marko Marin was in the football show "Sportclub". They talked with him about Werder, his teammates, the national team and his homepage, especially about the comic character "Marko, the magic dwarf".

Take a look: Marko, the magic dwarf

:D

2. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Borowski is likely to play Thursday (and probably Sunday?)

Does he actually fit into the current line-up? Who comes out?

Bargfrede seems the likely choice; but his playing 5 positions at a time makes him quite valuable at this point...

3. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Borowski will supposingly come in for Bargfrede during the match. Schaaf won´t let him play from the beginning, I believe that he has trust in the team that has played very successful the last couple of weeks.

BTW: I finally got internet in my new flat :)

4. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Congrats. :)

5. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's known that Schaaf is not fond of rotation. Looking at the situation in Stuttgart, for example, there is probably good reason to, knowing that rotation often can do more harm than good, especially when it's overdone at the beginning of the season when a team has to 'grow' first.

However, what I've been asking myself is how long this relatively young team of ours can keep up this level without signs of fatigue. True, we are one of the most experienced Bundesliga clubs when it comes to playing in Europe, we usually play the most matches of all teams every season, so most of our players are used to it. But young players tend to be inconsistent, and the past few weeks have been quite exhausting, two matches a week the norm.

Fortunately, we do have good depth in our squad this season, especially once all the injured players are fit. But we shouldn't take it for granted that these guys, these kids, keep performing consistently every three days. It's remarkable, may it long continue. And hopefully, the squad players will be up to the job once a few of them need a break.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    How has marcelo moreno been playing for you guys? I see he hasnt been getting much playing time.... whats going on? He started off strong in pre season... has the presence of pizarro really hurt his chances at getting more starts, seeing how hes been on fire?

7. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last I remember reading, he has a niggling problem in his ankle or knee, and that has severely limited his involvement. The good form of Hunt and Pizzaro certainaly doesnt help his chances, however.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea i think it was his ankle.

It certainly didnt stop him though from performing for bolivia going 100%, and scoring a hell of a FK against brasil. With that said, hopefully they decide to buy him outright, i perfer him to stay in germany compared to Ukraine riding the pine at Shaktar Donetsk.

9. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect that we will keep Moreno, his situation appears similar to that of Hugo Almeida several years previously when we had him on loan from Porto. I suspect that Rosenburg will be out sooner rather than later, and that Moreno will take his place.

10. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Moreno lacked match fitness at first. He was a bit overwhelmed by the "tough training" during the summer preparation which he was not used to. When we signed Pizarro, it was clear that he was going to be a guaranteed starter. Pizarro is important for Werder in many ways, not just the goals he scores.

For the post-Diego era, we have switched to a 4-5-1-ish (which often looks more like a 4-2-4) formation with Marin in a withdrawn striker role. In this system, there is only out-to-out striker needed. That makes it even more difficult for Moreno to get playing time. The competition up front is pretty tough this season, especially once Almeida is back from injury. I can see us selling one of our strikers in near future if we continue with this new formation of ours, which is likely.

However, it's a very long season for Werder. We're still in three competitions (Bundesliga, Pokal and Europa League), challenging for the title in all of them. That's why there will be a lot of opportunities for Moreno to show his talent. I agree that he should get more playing time and most Werder fans agree with me on this. Rosenberg has not been overwhelming in the matches he played so far this season, Moreno should get the same opportunities (e.g. playing a full half, not just 10 minutes) IMHO, hopefully in the upcoming Pokal match against Kaiserslautern on Wednesday.

I believe him to be quite talented and a potentially very useful player for Werder in future. Hopefully, that future starts soon.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

^^^I hope so. I heard his buy out price is something like 7-8million euro, do you guys think werder' would pay for him at that price? He was linked with you guys before he left cruziero in brasil, and was the leading goal scorer of the copa libertadores. Shaktar beat you guys out by i think 2 million euro. What do you think? Would you guys dishout that type of money? He is young though, and has a ton of potential. Def. a pizarro replacement with time.

Edit: thanks for the quick response Hackespitze123

Its good to see you guys see that he has potential, and arent ruling him out like many were including the coach while at Shaktar... often stating that it was a mistake buying him... Germany IMO is a better league and a better match for his style of play.

12. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We wanted to buy him last year already, not just loan, but Shakhtar simply outbid us. So yes, not just the fans, but actually the club (which includes our coach Thomas Schaaf - no players are signed without his approval) believes in his talent.

I just hope that he uses every chance he gets, gets used to the team and league. The Pokal is a good opportunity and I actually expect Schaaf to play him on Wednesday, looking forward to it. So far, he has been totally professional, no moaning or anything, which only speaks for him also.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Yes! He was the same at Cruziero, young, and on the bench, until he was given the chance to start a couple games cause of injury, he exploded scoring goals. I hope the same happens at Werder (not injurys but hopefully he can show he is a starter). He is great with his head, and at finishing.

Yes, I remember when they wanted to buy him. I really oculdnt imagine a better team for him to play at, Screw Bayern Munchen. :p Werder is the south american team!

I remember too after bolivia beating argentina there were rumors that you guys were interested in the combo of Joquin Botero, our leading goalscorer and Marcelo Moreno together?? Is that true or was that all bolivian fluff?

14. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I am very happy with the recent talk of Hunt's NT chances.

16. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nice article about Werder's new 'magic trio' (they need a nickname!) Özil, Marin and Hunt. Some very flattering historical comparisons by the author, hope they can follow in their footsteps indeed (German article):

http://www.11freunde.de/bundesligen/125345

19. Marienburg

Marienburg New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for these article links. Must Spread more rep.......drat.

20. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are most welcome.

Whenever I read an interesting article about German football, not necessarily Werder related, I post it here in the forum. Unfortunately, most of the better articles are in German, so of no use to the users who don't know the language.

21. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. waterboyro

waterboyro New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Craiova
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    11freunde is one of the reasons i must improve my German language :)

23. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

well, my Deutsch is rusty but I attempt plus there is always freestranslation.com:)