Wenger's Not Buying It

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by topcatcole, Oct 26, 2004.

1. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    You mean the manager who claims the FA and UEFA are conspiring against him and who before sunday's match said, among other ridiculous things, that last year's OT handbags was the worst thing he'd seen in the sport. Yes, holding SAF up as a pinnacle of virtue will get you a whole lot of respect around here! Come on. The guy was gifted the game sunday and he knows it. That grin he gave at the end of the interview after the game told it all. Of course he's going to shut his mouth, as he doesn't want to draw any more attention to the rubbish play of his team than he has to.

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Well, he is the best manager around and the most successful. :D

3. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Culled from threads on the first page of this board:

In your defence I did find a few attempts at civil discussion, some of which involved excellent points and showed that you have the potential to be avery good poster.

However, the vast majority of what you posted was along the lines of the bile I've quoted. Maybe you aren't a troll in the traditional sense but you certainly are rude and abrasive. Have you noticed that there are several anti-Arsenal posters who haven't been attacked like you have? They make many of the same points that you do, they just know not to be jerks about it, especially after a big defeat.

You see, that's the thing, it's not that we can't take criticism, it's that you act like an a$$hole and expect to be treated civilly. I don't think you're that stupid, which is why I think you're probably a troll.

Oh, and continually whining about neg rep leaves the impression that you do, in fact, care about what the people around here think of you so you can cut the indifferent act out too.

As I said, you post some good ideas, and even when you're being a jerk you usually have a point, so please, don't go away, just take other peoples' feelings into consideration when you're posting.

p.s.- you just got repped for being a sox fan. How did that happen?

4. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    To be fair, most of those weren't posted on their own. I did have proper comments included with them. Rude and abrasive? A tad harsh but I understand what you are getting at. That's the way I am. Straight to the point, no need for pleasantries. You either love it or hate it. That is why I am indifferent. Some give me red for a post, others give me a green. I couldn't care less. I'm not here to make best friends with anyone. I find it quite funny that other posters can be proper trolls, go miles over the line and even break the TOS, yet I am the one continually getting the bad rep regardless. It shows how much you all care... :p

Repped for being a Red Sox fan? Quality. I want a whitewash tonight! :D

5. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    I don't understand why Rick hasn't taken action against this troll. He's like some unpleasant infestation around this board. Paging Rick the Exterminator!

6. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Rick and I are best friends. ;)

7. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe there is a yellow card coming his way soon.

8. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    which is totally obvious from united's place in the table this year!

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Look at his achievements for Man Utd and Aberdeen. Enough said. :D

10. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Do you have access to other people's member pages or are you just assuming that nobody else gets negged because nobody else complains? I don't want to start a big issue over this but your profile says you've been a member for 2 months which means unless you've lurked for a long time you have no idea how let's say less-than-popular posters have been treated here.

11. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Go to the members list and sort in reverse order by reputation.

12. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    It can't happen soon enough.

13. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Ouch.

I only go to a few boards and off the top of my head I can think of at least 20 posters who are far worse offenders than yourself. Again, maybe it's the way you say things rather than what you're saying. People are far more likely to neg a personal attack than just about anything else. Most people can respect being "straight to the point, no need for pleasantries" if it ends there.

Admitedly, I've only read your posts on this board so I can't speak on any further adventures but your posts here aren't in the businesslike vein that you seem to want to portray. They're frequently rude, which means they depart from being "straight to the point" by putting a negative emotional spin on the statements. I can understand "no need for pleasantries," can you understand "no need for unpleasantries?" Plenty of people come here and talk ish about Arsenal in appropriate and acceptable ways. Perhaps reading a few of their posts and comparing them to your own can help clear the difference for you.

I'll apologise if I'm stepping over the line here but as a social worker I have to wonder if you have the same problems in your personal relationships that you seem to have on bigsoccer. If not, try treating the people and comments on here as you would your neighbors and co-workers. If so, perhaps you should seek professional help. You seem to be a bright individual with a few maladaptive social coping mechanisms, your quality of life could be significantly improved if you can get past that. Of course, the same could be said of most of us in Red Sox Nation... although I guess it's Red Sox World if you're watching in Scotland.

14. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to BigSocialWorker.com

:p

15. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Hmmm. Who gave you your first neg rep?!!! ;)