Wenger needs to buy one good or two good players! soon or this season where are 3rd!!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by sunny17, Jul 12, 2005.

1. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS
    Why is he taking his time buy a striker now who can help henry
    like Robinho or Owen or some one

we won't do well with this squad this season

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Re: Wenger needs to buy one good or two good players! soon or this season where are 3

Chris Sutton will be unveiled tomorrow afternoon according to the latest reports. You have got him for a relatively low fee because of the loan deal involving Aliadiere. It is subject to him passing his medical in the morning though.

3. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    thank you for your tremendous insight into the subject.

the transfer window is still open for over a month

4. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    welcome to bigsoccer... :confused:

5. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PANIC....the sky is falling...oh, wait its only July.

Yawn.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, but wouldn't you rather have the new lads have time to gel with the current side....in an ideal world.

7. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    This isn't an ideal world. We're not Chelsea. We have a genius manager. Stop questioning him.

8. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    panic much? lol

9. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.....because we did so poorly with this squad last season.

Your name belies your disposition.

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Re: Wenger needs to buy one good or two good players! soon or this season where are 3

And his age... :p

11. ATLGunner

ATLGunner Member

May 8, 2005
    Atlanta

Just so yall know, over on arsenal-mania, some guys who have been right in the past say Baptista will be anounced wed. or thurs., take it as you wish.

Other things to look out for...Govou may be our next target.

Diarra might be a fairly cheap replacement for Paddy.

12. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

i read today the english deal was still to be determined..
    baptista is coming.

13. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS
    So are u guys saying with the same squad plus Hleb Arsenal is granted second spot and the fa cup and being out of the second round of the chapions league. Wenger can keep working miracles. Pre traning started why wait till early Sept.

14. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    No, we're saying it's the middle of July and we have a month and a half left of the transfer window. Frankie says relax.

15. Fabregas' no. 1 fan

Fabregas' no. 1 fan New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I only support Cesc
    Dude, Sutton is not happening, it was just a joke. At least I hope it was. *crosses anything remotely crossable*

16. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    No, we're saying it's early, Wenger is right way more often than he is wrong, and we'll be competing for the EPL title, not just second place.

Outside the bad stretch after the ManU loss, Arse played pretty damn well last year in the league....

17. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS

Just because my name is Sunny17 does not mean I'm 17 u fool
    thats my favorite number

18. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There are plenty of them in our forum too, if it makes you feel any better.

"FERGIE HASNT BOUGHT GUD PLAYERS ARSENAL ARE GETTING BAPTISISTAE AND CHELSKI SINED ESSSIEN AND WHO DO WE HAVE PARK AND VAN DAR SAAR OMGWTFBBQ WE R GONNA FINISH 8TH PLACE IN NEXT SEASON!!!!!"

:rolleyes: ;)

They're like cockroaches--see one and it means there are dozens lurking.

19. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS
    I'm not saying Wenger is wrong. I never once said in my statements that Wenger is wrong. How do you know if Wenger has full control in the decisions in how and when to spend 60 million surplus Arsenal has.

And why is this Man utd cracker in our Forum

20. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    Because DD and the board have said numerous times that what Wenger wants, Wenger gets. This statement belies your knowledge.

And Achtung is not trolling, he's pointing out that people on his forum are crying fire the same as you. Achtung is a good poster and he can come in here if he wants as long as he doesn't make inflamatory posts. It's not your place to try to kick out regulars, even if they support another team.

21. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Like jeger said, Wenger has always been in full control of what he wants. It's been that way since day 1. He tells the board what he needs and they simply stamp it "approved".

In many years where Wenger hasn't spent much in the transfer market it was simply because he didn't see any good value out there.

There was a quote from Wenger today: "Most players are not 'names' when they come here, but they become 'names' at our club" He buys very well and usually sells at the right time, which is why I wouldn't be surprised to see Vieira gone this summer. His value is only going to go down from here on out. Henry is about the only current player I would be completely shocked to see sold at this point.

22. sunny17

sunny17 New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    WEST LOZELLS
    So u believe everything Dein says are u naïve - so What Wenger wants he gets okay fine believe that.

And another thing I can say whatever the hell I want to say about Man Utd crackers and no one can tell me its not my place - specially Arsenal fan how agrees with Manure.

23. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL... it's like you guys have your very own andrew neave now. I'm sorry... :eek:

24. bigp

bigp New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    TDOT
    To all the people who are saying we can't compete this year, etc. here is a quote I took off from an Arsenal supporter on another forum:

If some one had told Gooners and non-Gooners alike the following where would most have predicted we finish?

1. Key CM's Gilbero and Edu will miss virtually the entire season.

2. Sol Campbell would only play in 15 PL games.

3. Reyes would vanish from Oct to March

4. Our gk's woul be inconsistent at best.

5. Our CM would be carried by 17 and 20 year old kids.

6. Cygan would see a ton of action from Aug to January

7. Ashley Cole would act like the biggest prat in the UK

8. Henry would miss the vital run in at seasons end

Again what would most people have predicted from AFC in 04-05? Sure as hell not second to USSR FC and an FA Cup.

25. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, you are off to a roaring start here on the boards!

Let Wenger do his job. He doesn't do his scouting and signing in the press. Also, I am sure he is fully aware of any areas that need improving in the squad.

Finally, there are a number of posters here in this forum from other clubs who are relevant and provide good commentary. Those who don't are sent away. So get used to the fact that there will be Manc, Chavs, and others in here, or else one of the mods may send you on your way. And if you are going to flame other posters, brush up on the spelling and grammer!