Wenger - It's not fair!

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by maturin, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Special_One

The_Special_One New Member

May 17, 2005
    london
    Being found innocent or guilty is irrelevant. Like some A holes said when the Cole and Arnesen issue came up, there is no smoke without fire. So we could use the same theory in regards to Arsenal, being accused of the same thing twice, by two completely different clubs, no smoke without fire.

So pls, stop going on about whether you have been found guilty and or not.

And the fact of the matter is, tapping up players is not even a big deal, every club does it, which is why you dont see the newspapers going on about Arsenal and any of these allegations. But just as there are two separate rules when it comes to buying players, where Chelsea is involved, so too there are separate rules, when it comes to tapping players. When we do it, its frontpage news, when others do it, its just business.

If Mournihio was French, i am sure he would be whinying about that.

2. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    I hope you never get asked for Jury Duty :rolleyes:
    But that's the point, we haven't... If you're going to bring it up, I can defend it. Hey, the delights of democracy!

err, it's front page news because you do it in 5* hotels in the middle of London due to the arrogance of your mate Kenyon...

I still think you mean whining...

3. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    OMG, did i make a spelling mistake? Are you the internet spelling officer? will you give me a ticket? :D

Now, back on topic, i personally dont see anything wrong with tapping up players. It should be done, its business, ******** only proper way of buyinmg a player. But i dont see the difference between Wenger going to a country and visiting a player and us inviting a player to a lovely hotel in London for punch and pie.

So if we were a bit sneakier, say like Wenger, it would be okay then?

4. Crestofthestars

Crestofthestars New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Hey, I think you're right. He should follow this advice:

5. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    If that's what rocks your boat...
    Riiighhtt....Shame for you then, that the rulebook disagrees with you.

Except that one actually happened, was ruled upon, the offending people fined and the other is just conjecture...

Please see above...

Anyway, feel free to have your say, I can't be arsed to say anything else

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No. That's my job ;)

Now, Mr. One... show me your papers.

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No, he means, whinnying.

I've always thought old 'whinnying Wenger' looks like a horse as well. Geddit? Geddit? Oh, never mind.

8. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We've already got a horse wearing red in manchester, going to need to think of a new animal.

And i dont see why chelsea have become so arrogant in the last year and a half. I dont mind arrogance, and its one of the reasons i actually like JM, but the chelsea success story so far, is only the success of two men, JM and RA.
    Without the two of them, you wouldnt have the team you have today or the results you have achieved thus far.

9. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    LOL the horse referrance to RVN, always funny cause its true LOL.

10. Crestofthestars

Aug 18, 2004
    Got to say lads, given the point of this thread, Mourinho isn't doing you lot any favours with his comments is he? ;)

Oh my God we have to play away games, I think it must be rigged!!!

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    It doesn't bother me when Wenger whines nor does it bother me when Mourinho complains, nor when Ferguson accused UEFA of conspiracies against English clubs. Its all mind games. Big freaking deal.

12. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002

Try reading the article next time, JM makes a good point.

13. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How odd. . .

It is a fact that every time after a Champions League game Chelsea play away in the Premier League and Arsenal play at home

A person who works in the club should not work in the FA. The FA is the FA and the club is the club. ---- Flawless logic if you ask me.

14. Crestofthestars

Aug 18, 2004
    "I don't think we are so ugly as to be treated like devils and I don't think Mr Wenger (Arsene, the Gunners manager) and Mr David Dein and so on are so beautiful to be treated like angels."

Ahahahahaha. Good Lord. Give me a break.

15. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You glossed over the part of the article that says the FA doesn't have anything to do with the scheduling of matches.

16. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I wouldn't say glossed over.

But you still don't think it odd?

Ok, let us say that it is pure coincidence and that there is no connection whatsoever :rolleyes:. The fact still remains that you can’t really be working for the FA and working for Arsenal FC at the same time. That is simply wrong.

17. The_Special_One

May 17, 2005
    london
    Its like being the judge at a beauty pageant, while one of ur duaghters is in it .:D

18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously, the FA disagrees with you.....but hey if you need to be able to draw a distinction that allows you to say..."Wenger whining bad....Mourinho whining good...." that's fine with me.

I agree with Nicephoras, however, that it's all just gamesmanship....and don't really get worked up over what Jose, SAF or Wenger says to the press.

19. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    No
    its like being the judge at the ugly pageant when your daughter is in the beauty pageant.
    The FA and the Premier League are two different things.

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Doesn't change the fact, that on the face of it, he has a point!

21. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Obviously . . .and the FA is such a bastion of virtue isn’t it? :rolleyes:

Maybe he used his position at the FA to influence the fixture schedule of the premier league and maybe he didn’t. The point is it is totally inappropriate for him to have a foot in both camps, to be working for both Arsenal and the FA.

22. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Okay.

23. The_Special_One