Wenger - It's not fair!

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by maturin, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Errmm....no...with regard to the kids in the hall post above....I still say....

:confused:

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well Yoss, it's not like Arsenal are broke is it?

They are, by far, richer than the vast majority of the Premier league.

I was just smiling at him pointing out that little nugget.

3. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends who you ask I suppose. I seem to recall a poster or two (perhaps more so Mancs than here) saying we're the next Leeds because of our stadium debt.

I mean...c'mon Clan....you know we're just a poor little club from Islington...just trying to make ends meets in this crazy mixed up world....:D

But seriously, I guess I'm just generally confused by this entire thread. After all the article (which wasn't linked) if it's the one I'm thinking of....just had Wenger saying that Chelsea's money created a more difficult process now for bidding on players. I don't recall him using the word "fair" "unfair" or otherwise. At the end of the article he even states that when all is said and done the team just needs to fight harder if it wants to take back the title. I just don't see what the big deal is regarding those comments.

It would be like me making a huge deal out of Mourinho saying that Arsenal and United have to get better/play better if they want to take the title back this year. My response to that comment is...well....yeah....of course they do.

But, hey, whatever....I guess everyone needs a bogeyman.

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    He he he he...
    And how many other teams can go out and spend £300M (or is it more?) on a brand new, state of the art, football stadium, finance new deals for existing players and still bring in talent from the transfer market? :D

He does have a point.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5478080&postcount=4 ;)

5. Crestofthestars

Crestofthestars New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Hmm this is going to be difficult. Let's start at the top then, who was the last player Arsenal tried to sign...let's see...Baptista...oh and would you believe it, the Sevilla president is threatening to report you for tapping him up!

I am frankly shocked.

6. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    :D

^
    Okay Yoss, that one was purely piss taking :D:D

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll forgive me if I reserve judgment on this one until after the FA and/or FIFA put us on double secret probation.

8. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm ashamed to say that we are almost a joke anymore. I fcking hate it. This is totally out of hand. I am so tired of all the transfer talk. Like Clan said to me, "I got more excited about the 6mil we spent on Gallas than the 20mil we spent on Carvalho." I agree. I was so excited the summer we bought Zenden from Barca, then he scored in his debut. He looked like he was going to be a player. I got way more excited about that then any signing we've had since RA took over. I am tired of us being linked to every player. I am tired of us constantly being in the market of buying. I am tired of no longer being one of only 4 people in Philly with a Chelsea jersey or jacket, etc. I miss the days when it was a big deal for me if Chelsea was on TV that weekend. For me, the highlight of the last 5 years was the game against Liverpool to clinch the 4th CL spot on the last day of 02/03. I loved how mad I used to get at Gronks and Jody Morris (only Tiago can come close to bringing that back). I miss having to listen to Big Blue when we weren't on TV. I miss getting a ticket to the Bridge the day before a game. I miss play 25GBP for it. I even miss listening to Big Blue the day we got knocked out to Viking in the UEFA Cup. I miss beating Spurs 4-0. I miss beating Man U 5-0. I even miss Enrique DeLucas. All in all, I think Wenger is right. It's a joke. No one can buy a player anymore without that team talking to Chelsea first. It's rediculous. I f'n hate it. I DON'T WANT RONALDINHO. I DON'T WANT GILIARDO (sp). I DON'T WANT FERNANDO TORRES. I DON'T WANT SHAUN WRIGHT-PHILLIPS. I DON'T WANT MICHAEL OWEN. I DON'T WANT ADRIANO. I just want my Chelsea back.

Sorry for the rant people. I am just really getting fed up with it all. I hate this part of the year and can't wait till the games just start again and the transfer talk ends.

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :shrug: I don't know about you, Eddie, but I'll take first place and a raft of publicity attention over 6th place and a comfortable little space on page 17 repeating the story of the Eurobond payments coming due and Terry moving to Arsenal.
    Of course we used to be more excited at transfers, when we had fewer players and fewer buys. Diminishing returns on excitement is understandable. But you can't tell me you weren't excited when we bought Duff. I sure know I was.
    As for wanting your Chelsea back............it never will be back. It has changed. Its been a bit of a bumpy ride (shut UP Kenyon!) but I'm pretty happy with the outcome. How did you think we were going to win the league? Stealing in under cover of darkness? We're not Scousers, you know. ;)

10. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You mean the way they did a few years ago for an offense you all cry to be richly undeserved? ;)

11. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this a tapping up incident to which you are referring or the handbags at 20 paces at Old Trafford? Because....for the latter....we actually got super-duper quadruple secret probation.

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's just the whole mood of the club is different and I don't think it's for the better. I was a bit excited when we bought Duff because he was one of the first signings and everyone was still unsure about RA. Then it started getting out of hand. Then last year was a little worse and this year is just a joke.

Honestly, I was content with not winning the league. I thought we always had a shot. Maybe add one player and we would be really close. We kind of lost a little steam after Vialli left but I thought he had us on the verge.

I don't know. Part of this is because I saw a kid at school today in a Chelsea shirt. Ive been going to the Dark Horse here in Philly for like the last 6-7 years and there's always been the same group of 4-5, and now all of a sudden Chelsea pops up in places I never saw it before and I don't like it. I don't want Chelsea to become Man United. Unfortunately, it looks like we are there though.

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    No, there was some transfer for a youngster where you failed to deal with a registered agent, I believe.

14. Crestofthestars

Aug 18, 2004
    Well United haven't either, but do tap up players as that whining twat at PSV would happily attest I'm sure.

All the big 3 do it, it's undeniable really. Supporters from either sides can't really complain.

15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You have to take the good with the bad. I'll take the gloryhunters if they're a biproduct of success. The only way to maintain our outsider status would be to be as dangerous as Millwall or as boring as Cuper's Inter teams. I'll pass on those options.

16. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This started the season before last as well - really random people all of sudden showing up at Lucky Bar in brand new Chelsea jerseys.

It happens.

As long as you know who YOU support and you're secure in that, bandwagon jumpers shouldn't really affect you. *shrug*

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    My God, you've made a sensible post!

Crap, this now means I have to walk around all day with an umbrella to deflect all the ******** from the flying pigs I'll be seeing.

18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I felt the same way right after REM released "Green." Bunch of bandwagon jumpers.

:p

19. sstarch1

sstarch1 Member

Jan 25, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I dont see how this year has been "bad". What makes it bad is all the rumours and the BS players put forth (ahem...kaladze). All of this is hyped up even more by the media, and of course look at our transfer thread its on its 6th volume and we have only signed 1 player!

True, even i get pissed when i see were bidding 83 mill pounds for Ronaldinho, but i guess it comes with the territory.

I also know that i cant exactly understand your past love for the so-so chelsea, since i have only recently become a fan. But after seeing 3 games at the Bridge this past season, and having my shirt signed by Duff and talking to him (he is a super cool guy), i am completely in love with this team and their players.

So i guess for you its like a girlfriend who all of a sudden became a supermodel and that kinda sucks for you, understood.

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Yeah, seriously, why do all these people like REM now? They're not even that good!

*runs for exit*

21. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For me, it was when Blur released "Modern Life is Rubbish".

:p :p

22. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Winning the league is something I never thought I'd see Chelsea do - fact.

Past love for Chelsea?

The 1983/84 team was an absolute joy to watch.Some of the best football ever played by Chelsea.

23. Crestofthestars

Aug 18, 2004
    Hopefully its something we never see again :D

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Just unplug yer telly next May then ;)

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Clanblue again.