Wenger denies charge (various)

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Teso Dos Bichos, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    planetfootball article

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    BBC article

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    seems like this left the news for a while and is resurfacing. I had not heard anything about this since like the begining of Nov

4. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wenger has requested a hearing. He probably just wants to say his piece and then accept whatever fine the FA hands out....at least hopefully that's what he does. No need for all of this to have the half life of uranium.

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Considering what he said, I cannot see him getting out of this one. He should just accept it and get on with things. Then again, with Arsenal's FA connection anything is possible!

6. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Why shouldn't he get away with it, no court in the world would punish you for stating a fact, Van nostrilhair is a cheat!! simple as that, have you never seen him dive? Im sure wenger could produce a tape, infact I'm sure he's been booked for diving = CHEAT, and before anyone say's it Pires, Owen, Kewell, Hesky, and dozens of others are cheats as well.

We maon at referees, but they don't cheat, the players that do, however make their job very difficult.

Still that said, they're still a bunch of pompus pricks :)

7. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Im sure ive mentioned this before but Dein is not allowed to vote on anything related to Arsenal. Further more he has said himself that WERE he alloud to vote on anything related to Arsenal, he would vote AGAINST arsenal lest he be accused of bias (which in itself makes him biased but ho hum).

Further more all he said was that RVN was a cheat. Surely to pay a fine against that charge the FA would have to prove that RVN is not a cheat. Good luck with that one. I dont think there is a footballer alive who has never cheated, dived, gone in heavy or late on a tackle, or called the centre back a big fairy to provoke a reaction.

8. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the news reports, AW is claims that he didn't call RVN a cheat. If i remember the quote from the game AW said "we know him well, he can only cheat you." I was going to argue that this isn't the same thing, but that what AW's lawyer is getting paid for.

9. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

From Arsenal site

Wenger denies Football Association charge

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger has denied the FA charge of improper conduct resulting from his comments after the Premiership game at Old Trafford last month.

“I am not upset by it and it is not a big problem in my mind,” he said today.

“I read my statement well again. I said what I said and I stand by that.”

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...tle=Wenger+denies+Football+Association+charge

As AW says, enough already.

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    ESPN article