Well, who will build the fence?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Yankee_Blue, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
  2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lousy immigrants taking wall bulding jobs from red blooded Americans

Seriously, who didn't see this one coming?

3. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey! Did Miss America get to keep her crown?

4. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard this story in on the radio while driving my son home from work last night. My wife and I were talking, so I wasn't listening closely. I assumed I'd heard wrong, because it was just too perfect the way I understood it.

As it turns out, I heard correctly. And that's freaking hilarious.

5. Sponging off your parents and the government is alot easier than manual labor.

6. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So's flipping burgers for 30 hours a week and living in a near-condemned house with three other guys while living on a diet of mac and cheese and cheap beer.

How'd YOU guys spend the late 80's?

7. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing Excitebike and watching Lethal Weapon.

8. Living on Pell grants and student loans, while putting in 4 to 5 soccer practices a week and at least two games + working 40 hours a week, or 75-80 in the summer.

The benefit, these days, I don't work weekends, holidays or Mondays and have insurance and can slaughter Helghast to my hearts content on the PS2.

Off topic, I still have two PS3's for sale, if any of you with jobs or unmaxed credit cards want one.

9. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Stupid liberal thinking f***heads. :mad:

10. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I wonder if instead of a golden spike, they will get to the last panel to be put in place, march the illegals who built the fence to the Mexico side and have them drive in the golden screws. That works on so many metaphorical levels.

11. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    :rolleyes:

12. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume that you have never done any construction related work on the border. It is near impossible to find enough 'mericans to form a construction crew large enough for a project of this size.

So is the alternative to import other citizens from other states to fill the gaps? If so, am I as a taxpayer, on the hook for transportation, lodging, daily steipend, etc. because that is not fair to the taxpayers.

13. Yeah scooter. Pell Grants AND Student Loans. People before me worked and paid taxes so that I could get a better education, and now, I work and pay my taxes so people that come after me will have access to higher education. Given my income, my kids won't qualify so I'll be footing the bill + loans.

There's a difference between a continual system of using aid available, then repaying that in taxes, just as previous groups have, and people who refuse to support themselves and rely solely on either their parents to support them, or knock out kids so they can live on foodstamps and Section 8.

14. The border? Try anywhere in the US.

15. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Man, this brings back memories. I was living in Ames Iowa going to summer school. I paid my rent for the summer up front. For a portion of the summer I walked beans and detassled corn (the worst friggin work on the planet next to bailing hay).

Then I got a job delivering pizza and on the second day, I showed up for work, and the manager/owner had cleaned out his office. Job over.

Jobs were scarce in a college town with most of the students gone, so me and my roomates went on subsistence living. We had a loaf of wonder bread, so we would ball that up on a hook and catch crappie for our meals, steal bread crumbs from the dorm cafeteria to bread and fry them.

There was a bar that had nickel beer nights on Mon - Thurs. Cans in Iowa at the time had a 5 cent deposit, so we would literally fill up our back packs on campus with empty pop cans and return them for beer tokens on our way to the bar.

What a life. :D

16. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Miss USA that's in trouble, and no final decision was made.

I agree with MitH, this one was totally obvious.

17. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    That's because there are no more Americans in construction. The industry has been destroyed by illegals working under the table.

18. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

19. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was proposed that we kick out all the illegal aliens and then build a "super fence" so they can't get back in. Here's a thought, why not hire the illegals to build the fence, then once it is completed say "wow, this side looks great, how's the other side look?" Then when they're on the other side, boom! Close the door.

-Paraphrased from Carlos Mencia

20. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seconded.

21. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thirded. And I live in LA.

22. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Immigrants aren't taking the construction jobs? Laughable. Whatever.

23. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Hmmm....maybe americans should use unions that ensure their members are american citizens? And boycott off-union labor? And encourage organizations like unions that practice responsible hiring and work?

That's crazy talk, innit?

24. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't have to be documented to be part of a union.

25. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Sure is! Making Americans do construction work? Are you out of your f****** mind!!