Well the Revs blew it again...you know what that means!

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by KingsRule89, Nov 18, 2007.

1. KingsRule89

KingsRule89 New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Time to go after this disgruntled new england forward [​IMG]
    Four years and four losses in MLS Cup in a row...I think he might be in dire need of a change of scenery

2. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ehhhh, I used to hate Twellman, but I am gaining more respect for him recently. He has no great skills or talent, but he just scores goals, and we could use that. He just has a nose for goal, I don't know how he does it, but he has now scored in NE's last 5 playoff games. He is also decent in the air- and could be a servicible target for Beckham. I don't know how much we would have to give up to get him, but it could be worth it.

We would just have to make sure the equipment manager doesn't allow him to wear size XXS jerseys.:D

3. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well how else is he going to make his guns look bigger? ;)

4. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He reminds me of a poor man's Henrik Larson. Not too big but able to defy the laws of physics and muscle his way onto headers and into defensive gaps. He's athletic at least and just finds a way to stick the ball in the net. I also have never really liked him as a player but he's definitely earning my respect.

5. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    yeah you have to think this is the end of an era in new england. I wonder even if nicol is done? it might be one of those situations where they've gone as far as they can with this group.

also interesting to note san jose/houston is now the most succsesful team in MLS cup history. four finals, four cups.

6. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    I'm convinced that the MLS Cup Final jinx which gripped our team for so long was passed from us to The Revs when Pescadito scored against them in the 2002 MLS Cup Final.

;)

We don't need Twellman.

7. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TT is the new Jason Kreis. He scores lots of goals and is a terrific MLS player (and I'd love to have him on my team)...who just can't seem to cut it at the National Team level.

8. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twellman's not disgruntled. He just signed a contract extension with the Revs, he bought a house in the area, and he's recently married to a Boston native. He's got deep roots in the area right now, and it's hard to imagine him asking for a trade.

Frustrated is not the same as disgruntled.

9. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Boston is just cursed in general: Look what happened with the freakin' Red Sox - that crap lasted 86 YEARS. I guess the Revs are following in their place.

10. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but the Sox never went to 4 WS in a row and lost all of them.

11. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Minnesota Vikings of MLS.

BTW: Thanks for blowing the results in the thread title, for those of us who recorded the game in hopes of watching it tonight. Anybody remember the little [R] courtesy?

12. KingsRule89

KingsRule89 New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Are you serious?....if it was such a big deal you'd have watched it ASAP first, not go on bigsoccer.com and pray to god there isn't any spoilers on here. Come on buddy, you know better. Don't be so [​IMG]-ed

13. El Paisa

El Paisa New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How pathetic is it that Ngwenya and Jaqua won a championship?

14. Soccer Obsession

Jun 13, 2007
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    more depressing than pathetic. but it should it should help us this offseason, teams know that players we trade away immediatly reach their potential and start scoring goals by the bunches :rolleyes:...:(

15. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mind Ngwenya winning a championship but it sucks that Jaqua won too. He's still awful.

Back on topic though. What would it take to get Joseph? If our DM's had half his fight and talent we'd be very dangerous in the middle.

16. Steve36

Steve36 New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    MA
    Sorry mate, I think that Shalrie Joseph has signed a new deal with The Revs.

17. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes but given that NE just lost it's 4th Cup and the poor treatment he received from the FO at the beginning of the season he may want to leave. I'm just curious on what it would take to get him here. I don't seriously see it happening either but it's the offseason, what the hell else are we to do but idly speculate?

18. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I was serious.

Its a simple common courtesy, and part of the small things we do to make each others' lives better.

I'm very sorry that concept has escaped you. Or that you think its retarded.

And its a little sad that you see it that way.

Is it really that hard to follow the customary protocol on the boards and put a [R] and a non-spoiler title on the thread? Does it really strain your limited skills to type three characters and think of a non-spoiler thread title? I may not "know better" in your view, but I now know better about you.

19. Steve36

Steve36 New Member

Jul 31, 2005
    MA
    That's the only good thing in the MLs off season.
    Guess who may or may not come to a particular team.

20. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry the game got ruined for you, Cadaver. It's still worth watching - I thought it was pretty well-played.

KingsRule89 - you need to get a clue. The only thing worse than posting a spoiler title and a spoiler thread is lashing out at someone who was hurt by it as if they made your mistake. You should man up & admit you were wrong.

21. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a good game and worth watching. I was rooting for the Revs since they got Reis, our former backup GK, and he deserves a win. Plus I like Boston the city so.... and you know, Dynamo is really the Smurfs. Gargamel is chasing them all over the country I guess. (too much absinthe last night) onward... Ive lost my train of thought.

22. Ludwig77

Ludwig77 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that its still worth watching and agree about posting spoilers in thread titles.

On the worth watching note.....I wish the G's would have played with as much intensity, determination and ball handling abilities as these two teams did today. It really was a down to the wire affair. Houston's keeper saved their behinds in the 86th minute.

23. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if some of us watched the game, it is common courtesy to not post spoiler results in thread. It's common not just in here but in other forums. Cadaver may have quickly logged on to Bigsoccer to read other threads like trade rumors or other stuff and not expect to see results in the thread title. Mods, can we prevent stuff like this in the future; I know you've changed the titles to reflect no implications of results before.

That said and done, that was a great game to watch. A lot of opportunities created, the goals were nice and on-the-edge-of-your-seat moments as NE did their best to equalize.

24. shurikt

shurikt Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, some of us get RSS feeds of thread titles delivered to us. It wasn't spoiled for me, but it definitely could have been.

25. KingsRule89

KingsRule89 New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Wow....I didn't know about the whole [R] thing but damn...

Sensitive much? Get over it jesus H ********ing christ..god damn