Well, I've changed my mind.

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by KCWiz, Jul 12, 2006.

1. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I can't wait to watch our all-stars take on Chelsea. I hope we knock the shit out of them and let the world know that American soccer is is here to stay. I used to enjoy the old East v. West game, but I've seen the light, fellas! This game is going to be awesome! I've never liked international club soccer, and I still don't. Let's go MLS!

2. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Wishful thinking.... Its going to be a beating all right a beating your so called all stars are going to recieve.........

6-0 the premiership champions...

3. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Hey, maybe you'll get over your shootout fetish next!

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering a couple of the best players that MLS has will not be playing (which I agree with), this whole thing is a joke.

5. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd be A LOT happier if Joseph and Dempsey (and Razov and Garcia) could play.

But I'll enjoy watching either way.

6. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll enjoy it but I still side with Eastern V Western. I guess form past experiences. Suitors probably thought not enough competition. So with time off from Others. It might not be bad. Again it is okay but I am still for Easter v Western and Chelsea should look to whop them after last year... You no more tolak time related...

7. ritsoccer86

ritsoccer86 Member

Jul 18, 2005
    I'll have ya'll know that DC UNITED beat Celtic FC 4-0....talk about opening a can of fury! To make it even more impressive, Nowak took out 4 or 5 regular starters for the upcoming league matches and put in some guys and still dominated...wow, now i am impressed by Nowak's coaching style.

8. wufc

wufc Member

May 1, 2005
    UC Irvine
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really am not going to be surprised if MLS wins. These Euro clubs do not care AT ALL about winning these things, as shown by NYRB beating Bayern and DCU beating Celtic. Last year, Real Madrid got embarrased 3-0 by Tokyo Verdy, a team that ended up being relegated from the J-League. So why did the Galaxy get embarrassed by Real Madrid? You don't have to be that interested in winning to beat Steve Sampson.