Well, I suppose there's an upside...

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by KyleScarborough, Apr 23, 2010.

1. KyleScarborough

KyleScarborough New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our home pitch doesn't look like a Frankenstein patchwork job.

I realize Portland is getting a state of the art facility for their MLS future, but, right now I gotta find something I can consider a victory for the club.

I deliberately stay off the computer for hours last night. Get home late from the shop. Have a late meal. Get my tall glass of chocolate milk (I like to party) and hop in bed to watch my recorded game.

Then 18 seconds go by...

Sunovabitch.

I did laugh a little when the camera focused on Filho and credited him as Anelka.

Plus I suppose we can all be thankful we don't have a gender confused lumberjack as our club mascot.

*sigh*...

2. rreynolds2186

rreynolds2186 Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Newton, IL
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also an upside? We actually have a team.

3. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've got a team.

Remember that....

This time last year...we weren't getting angry about first minute goals, missing ID cards, and stupid refs.

:D

4. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For one, I made the post just to have a little fun. I didn't expect our team to come out of the game this year guns a'blazing.

I will say the ID thing still bugs me, but I'm no longer surprised. Just curious as to where Anelka will buy his next job with that kind of decision making.

I'm as excited to have a team as anybody, but how long does the "just be excited we have a team" stuff last? It's as if you can't make a judgment call or have an opinion without it being brought up like you're a jerk for doing so.

5. rreynolds2186

rreynolds2186 Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Newton, IL
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say you have to give it time. This franchise is three games in. You don't just start a franchise and within 5 months turn it into a world class organization. I didn't point that out to make you feel like a jerk. I'm just saying, we've got a team. Let's enjoy that for just a few more matches. If this stuff keeps up and there's no improvement, I say we have every right to be upset. But still, there will be bumps in the road.

6. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And again I say, I didn't expect our team to come out of the game this year guns a'blazing.

I don't "expect" anything from them, but I'm barely adjusted to watch the match and they're down 1-nil. It can be a bit of a downer.

7. IndyMac

IndyMac Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Evansville, Indiana
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was so ridiculous I couldn't even get mad. I felt like it would have been a waste of energy.

8. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were at the Amsterdam last night...and as soon as that happened...we were all just like...

WTF?!

lol.

9. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard someone yell "Goodnight everybody!", right after that first goal. LOL!

10. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it wasn't like we didn't know...lol

11. FrankMiller

FrankMiller New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    From what I've seen so far, I feel pretty good about the team going forward. I feel like by the end of the season their cooperation and coordination will have improved significantly. I expect them to secure a 0.500 record the last half of the season.

12. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once our good players get on the field and get together...I'd agree with that.

13. BDK8403

BDK8403 New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    St.Louis
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Timber Joey ya mean..... Thought that was a sweet mascot as well. What about the victory log he was working with??? So glad we are not following the trend of having stupid nicknames for american pro teams.

14. KyleScarborough

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well hey, they won, so they can cut up as many trees as they want on the heels of Earth Day.

Proves one thing, really: Portland hates nature.

15. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. Shitting. Hilarious post.

This is actually a GREAT thread. One of my favorite opposing team post game threads EVER. Shitting, truly... posting from the restroom at work on my blackberry. lol.

16. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kyle has a knack for this sort of thing.

:)

17. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I smelled something!

18. !axel

!axel Member

Apr 18, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed...once Ralston is back from injury, I think AC St. Louis will look a different team. He's older, but he's a class apart from the rest of the team and he'll bring the leadership and stability we seem to be lacking at the moment. Hopefully our other two Brazilians can make it to St. Louis and give us more options; we'll need them with the way injuries are hitting us.

19. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think once Ralston is back and playing, we'll see a very diffrerent team.

His presence in the midfield and on field coaching should really teach our young boys something. They'll see how a world class player plays the game.