Well Done Tim Howard

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Benvolio, May 23, 2004.

1. Benvolio

Benvolio Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just thought that I would take some time out to say that you lot have produced a very good goalkeeper in Tim Howard. I'm pretty sure he became the first American to be in the winning team of the FA Cup yesturday, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. But back to the main subject, he has, time and time again, put in top performances, and in my eye's, was Utd's best player this season, and should of been in the Premiership team of the year. It's good to see Americans being successful in European leagues, and hopefully in the future we can see more top class players from your place making it big in the Premiership.
    Cheers,
    Benvolio

2. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tim's a great keeper. He has acomplished so much this year. It's too bad he plays for ManUre. I'd love to have seen him make his way to Arsenal. But regardless, to become the EPL Goalkeeper of the year and be the first American keeper to win the FA Cup and just be playing for ManU says a ton.

Well done is right. I look forward to Tim starting in WC2006 and helping the USMT to win it's first World Cup.

3. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    HAHAH!!! A little over-optimistic, aren't we?

4. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't believe you can win it all, why bother playing?

5. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is indeed the first American to win the FA Cup, though John Harkes played in the final more than a decade ago.

I'm betting we'll see more attention sooner rather than later, with Bocanegra and McBride both finishing the season very strong at Fulham. Just ten years ago, John Harkes and Kasey Keller were considered a novelty; and on the last day of this season, five Americans started for four different Premiership clubs; a sixth (Friedel) probably would have started if not for injury.

What is left is to get some of our best attacking talent into European leagues. McBride and Mathis are a start, but the most exciting attacking players this country has are still in MLS. Right now there's still plenty of debate over whether or not Landon Donovan can star in a top European league. I happen to think he can, but the only way he'll ever silence the doubters is to actually go over and do it.