Welcome to our newest members

Discussion in 'Crocketteers' started by CagedMonky, Jun 30, 2009.

1. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    http://www.crocketteers.com/2009/06/29/welcome-to-our-newest-members/

2. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fantastic job :)

I'll get more of those designs out here in the next few days hopefully

3. pwdesmond

pwdesmond New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    SA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just joined:

Great idea guys! I was thinking about how to start postHardberger soccer movement in SA and then I found this site.

I agree Alamo stadium would be a nice venue. As for Alamodome, dont know if the cost to operate would out weigh the income, not at first anyways.

Love seeing the Shiner logo. Shiner, soccer, san antonio, awesome.

We need Crocketteer shirts.

writer by trade, let me know if I can help.

4. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Desmond Welcome to the Group and being a Crocketteer with the rest of us. I like your enthusiasm. I am Michael... you'll recognize me from the blog posts on Crocketteres.com

Writer you say? Always looking for fresh new bloggers to drive content and soccer excitement for our group. What kind of writing do you do?

Yes we need shirts, we still are a ways on finalizing a crest to use for such things. Hopefully by August we can have some to take to say a road trip to a Dynamo game on espn.

5. pwdesmond

pwdesmond New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    SA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Journalist. Mostly cover low-key sports for Lackland AFB but would love to write professional soccer.

If you're interested, I think we archive our publications at Lackland's home page
    http://www.lackland.af.mil

6. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Just register on our site @ http://www.crocketteers.com/wp-login.php?action=register

remember your username/password/ Fill out as much information especially your bio.

Once you are done, let me know and I will give you author rights so you can start blogging on crocketteers.com

7. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Patrick (i called you Desmond earlier) and I almost forgot... Spread the word and get more members. :)

8. pwdesmond

pwdesmond New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    SA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. I already told a friend to join, too.

9. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Patrick... you now have Author access. Wants you make your first entry you will see your name on the authors widget on the frontpage. Also do your bio for when someone clicks your name on your posts.

10. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Patrick be sure to post any articles your publish on crocketteers.com on this forum. Thanks.

11. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    An update: We have 78 people on our Crocketteers Facebook group page and 40 who have signed up on our website directly. There is some overlap between the 2 numbers. I believe when you combine the two we are at about a 100 unique people.

12. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very impressive, guys!

13. Morko

Morko New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Just a hi to everyone. I just found ya'll, and signed up on the website and facebook (I think). We attended the Copa Aztex game in Austin. We planned a vacation around Barcelona's US tour and were able to see them in Los Angeles and Seattle. We were especially impressed with the fans in Seattle. They wore their colors proudly and the energy was great. We are READY to see professional soccer in San Antonio. It's about time. How can we help?

14. jhope

jhope BigSoccer Supporter

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Mar 18, 1999
    San Antonio, TX USA
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stay tuned to the crocketteers website. We are putting some things together and hope to have some soccer events soon.

15. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Jhope & Morko,
    if we end up having any events or games in San Antonio
    the best thing we can do is to help them promote them as much as possible to make sure that a lot of people go to those events.

16. jhope

jhope BigSoccer Supporter

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Mar 18, 1999
    San Antonio, TX USA
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I might as well let the cat out of the bag. Myself along with others from the Texas pro soccer festival who in 2008 brought the Houston Dynamo, Toronto FC, Chivas USA and DC United are in serious talks to bring back the event to San Antonio in March of 2010. Our goal is to partner with the Crocketteers to make this event a great success. Our website is up at http://www.texasprosoccerfest.com Here is a chance for the Crocketeers to get behind professional soccer and show potential owners that San Antonio wants and can support professional soccer. More information to come in the coming weeks. What to help? PM me.

17. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    That's great,
    we'll do everything possible to promote that event.

Obviously, the best thing that could be done would be to convince the media outlets in the city to promote the event (I know that that might not be easy)

18. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    I've been meeting with Jhope about such events... I'm going to call on Crocketteers to meet sometime next week as we will meet with a special guest who has the same goals as we do.

He has plans for the future of pro soccer in San Antonio and will need our help. Stay tuned to here and the website for further details as they become available.

19. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Beautiful :)

Curious as to what the direction might be now with USL kind of an iffy prospect.

Let us in when you can with what you can :cool:

20. Morko

Morko New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sounds great. Keep us posted!