welcome to Blackburn, Shefki Kuqi

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by blkbrnrvr, Jun 28, 2005.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    On a free? Even better. Well done, Hughes.

2. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    indeed. Even better if he can come anywhere close to last season's production.

3. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His or ours. Ours should be a snap.

4. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    I have seen this guy play in quite a few games (lots of ipswich games available for download).

Do you guys think he is premiership quality.

He comes across as a guy who could get caught out by the speed of the premiership.

He was dynamite in the Championship though and I would love to see guys like him and Julio Arca get picked up by MLS.

5. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully he can get it done in the EPL.

6. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he was hopeless in the match three weeks ago versus the Dutch. but the Finnish NT isn't Rovers, is it?

7. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    if I'm not mistaken, he was playing as a lone forward in that match, so that probably didn't help his cause all too much. From the very little bit I've seen of him, I think he would work well with a dynamo like Dickov, or maybe even McCarthy if we can pull that deal with Porto off. I'd have to think that we'll be back to 4-4-2 this season, since the 4-5-1 we used last season was as much a result of no other forward outside of Dickov really stepping up.

8. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mostly correct. Finland looked the better side in the first half. Kuqi seemed to have suffered a muscle pull -- limping a bit -- and then Holland started racking up goals. Finland's midfield looked quite solid, with Riihilahti being the bulwark. Kuqi needs support. He and Paulie might just make a good tandem.