Welcome Rafa Benitez - R. Madrid coach thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Jun 1, 2015.

?

What do you think of Rafa's appointment as Real Madrid Coach?

1. Fantastic Choice

18.3%
  2. Good Choice, would have preferred someone else

12.2%
  3. Meh, on the fence

29.0%
  4. Horrible

40.5%
  1. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ Don't think she said anything wrong, it was a joke in response to a question. Plus, its not like Mourinho has got a six pack either....

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Dude she took a shot at the guy. Let's not pretend that wouldn't be offensive if barca said something similar about our club/players.

Mess with the bull = Get the horns.

The moment I read her comments yesterday I cringed, because unlike her I was smart enough to know those comments would bring about a circus. The only question now is how long this back and forth nonsense will last.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If you have time to respond to what someone's wife is saying about you, you have too much time on your hand.

zohee, Ahmadi8, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Mourinho's no bull, he's more of a rat.

A rat who has been talking shit about Madrid and Benitez for years now. Then again he never was of the "if you can't take it, stay out of the kitchen" type, more of the "hypocrite rat bastard" variation. Some people like that apparantly.

Ahmadi8, MISH, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who the hell hits back at someone's wife? He might as well start responding to people on soccer forums. What an insecure punk

MISH repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You definitely weren't on this forum when Kaka was here.

Irony is if that were Benitez's wife taking a shot at James, you would be ripping her on here.

EDIT: Is the wife a lesser person in your mind? If not why such a statement if they are both equals?

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not if I was James. That's my point. You are Mourinho, one of the greatest and most successful coaches of all time, what do you care what some less successful coach's wife says about you? Do you really need to respond to that?

The wife is not a lesser person, but she has nothing to do with football. Her opinion on this matter shouldn't be important. Had it been Benitez dad, brother, friend, son, etc, it would still be petty to respond to it.

It doesn't matter if I go on a forum defending or attacking players, I am not important in football. Mourinho is.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    #583 YOUNGSTARS87, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    You're wrong yet again.

He is Mourinho one of if not the most petulant coach of all time... any moron would know he would respond to this. Since when has he ever not responded to anyone who takes a shot at him?

If she has nothing to do with football, she should keep her mouth shut and not instigate situations which could become distractions for her husband and his team.

So is the wife of Mourinho, wife of Kaka and yes... the wife of Benitez. See those women are extensions of their husbands; hence their importance. When they speak incorrectly it is a reflection of them.

I just think the hypocrisy about this situation is funny. Mourinho is a complete tool, but who doesn't know that? If you engage a fool in his foolishness... who is the bigger fool? We already know he is one, she didn't need to open her mouth and show us she is one as well.

Anyways, I hope Benitez does the intelligent thing and doesn't respond with words but with our team's performance on the pitch. He will never beat Mourinho in a war of words, so why try? If I were him I would cancel/limit my wife's future speaking engagements. If you can't handle it you don't need to.

9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Seems like some people here are just waking up to Mou. This is normal stuff for him.
    Why instigate if you already know he is going to comeback with one better.

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The fact that he constantly does this doesn't make it any less petty. Anyways, I am sure all 3 are laughing about this on their own.

11. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With responses like this from Rafa, it won't be very long:
    "Reply to Mourinho: “I am Real Madrid’s coach, I love football, I understand football and for that reason I only talk about football”.
    http://as.com/diarioas/2015/07/29/english/1438176547_159017.html

They asked him again about "destroying Inter" but he said they are here to play vs. Milan and would like to talk about it. He did his part so I think his wife should do the same. I agree with you we don't need any drama.

12. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's just what makes mourhino , always ripping others back with his funny comments lol .

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Good for Rafa. Now that's a man more occupied with his team than tabloid nonsense.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Fantastic response. I'm very proud of him for this. Why try to beat a fool at playing the fool?

I'm sure (or at least hope) he has told his wife to stay in her lane and not pursue this nonsense any further.

15. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    "Tell his wife to stay in her place"? Lol, where is this "place" exactly? In the kitchen? Or spending her husband's money and taking care of children? Maybe he put a freeze on one of her credit cards to teach her lesson when he put her in her place. You're going to say it's not what you mean but it sure as Hell is how it sounds...

Her comments are being blown out of proportion, and by more folks than just Mou apparently.

zohee, Ahmadi8, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    #591 YOUNGSTARS87, Jul 29, 2015
    Ironic you blow a comment out of proportion while accusing others of doing so. What does "staying in her place" have to do with physical space or position? Maybe that is reflective of your life or mindset; but that has nothing to do with her. As I said in a previous post she is an extension of her husband.

I obviously meant she shouldn't engage troublesome issues or people like Mourinho. Why you missed this has more to do with your own personal issues and mindset not my posting.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho is engulfed in butthurt. His aura shines in butthurt. The guy is severely damaged at this point. What a downfall as a person.

18. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mou needs to get new materials, his shit is getting quite old.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ahmadi8, Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pretty sure there's nothing wrong with a please don't talk about my colleagues at work in the media. I have never heard Benitez comment on her colleagues in law school.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Common sense... not so common.

I will say I'm a little shocked people who know Mourinho is a dickhead can't see the wisdom in not giving him any material to use because he will use it.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I see. Mourinho meanwhile can speak about everybodies wife, husband, housepet and dressing style. F*** him.

Also, Mourinho is far from a colleague. More of a rival. the fact that he'd go out of his way to respond to somebodies wife just shows how far he's fallen. Pretty much only the racist guys that pushed the French guy out of the subway station love him now. Their interpretation of a woman's role also matches his so there you go. Maybe Mou will run around the streets bald headed pushing old ladies around.

Ahmadi8, Digital, Zidane05 and 3 others repped this.
  22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He just made himself look like a bigger asshole than he already was. Oh dear what 'material' she gave him. :D

Benitez' wife should take a swing at him every time he opens his mouth about Madrid, let's see into what level of douche he can evolve. Reading the reactions to his feud with the wife of a coach, he's already at pathetic level now.

zohee, Ahmadi8, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  23. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    #598 mymy33, Jul 29, 2015
    There is nothing wrong with it at all, just as there is nothing wrong with her choosing to do what she wants, he's her husband not her Master. And at the end of the day "please don't talk about my colleagues at work in the media" is way different then putting her in "her place." And you haven't heard Benitez comment on her colleagues in law school because he wasn't asked about them. Mrs. Benitez didn't go seeking out the media to take a stab at Mou, she was asked and gave a tongue-in-cheek answer that was hardly worth the response Mou served up or the need to be put in her place.

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Never mind calling him "fat". It's like nobody else noticed. Next thing he'll call him bald.

Ahmadi8, Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol Mou:) world of football is entertaining for having him. Nobody else gives such juicy comments stirring up controversies:) Either way, I don't think he disrespected Madrid now, or any time since he left. Just Benitez, who we all know he hates, and is just a fat waiter and has nothing on him in both overall and Madrid success:)