Welcome Rafa Benitez - R. Madrid coach thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ananas, Jun 1, 2015.

?

What do you think of Rafa's appointment as Real Madrid Coach?

1. Fantastic Choice

18.3%
  2. Good Choice, would have preferred someone else

12.2%
  3. Meh, on the fence

29.0%
  4. Horrible

40.5%
  1. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haha:D I wonder how he brought this up in their conversation.

-"I like it simple on my free time. I'd go with my friends to the cinema or have them at home and cook something together. What are usually your plans?"
    -" I prefer to have dynamic wingers along with disciplined forwards to maintain team's defensive shape. Basically the 4-4-2 is ....".
    -":inlove:".

temesgen, Umar, J-Mezzy and 3 others repped this.
  2. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    #552 -Fifth CharM-, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    So this is Rafa's progress with Liverpool:

[​IMG]

What's noteworthy is that going into his second season he made much better defensively and almost halved the goals conceded. Championships are built on the back of great defenses and this has been one area where we have been slacking. Conceding dumb goals in general; and at the end of the season more overall than Atletico and Barca almost every single season.

Edit: It would appear Rafa agrees that the defense needs some work:
    Rafa: “Defence is not the most important aspect for me but evidently it can be improved because our attacking is very good. We are working to improve and not allow opponents to create chances against us and subsequently score.”

Raul Madrid and Eddie repped this.
  3. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Rafa on Jese:
    "He previously had an injury. When you have continuity, as we are seeing with him, it improves your fitness, and his quality has improved, [Jese's] showing desire [to improve his game] and that's what matters. The versatility of our players makes us stronger. You need a good attitude, and he has it."

"When he gets some continuity into his game his fitness will improve because he has real quality. He is showing that he is motivated, which is the most important thing. He has a good attitude and his contribution will make us stronger".

temesgen, Zidane05 and Eddie repped this.
  4. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    So here is a great video of Rafa working with the centerbacks. I thought it was very interesting (and a bit funny). I think at the end they're working on offside traps.

Anyway I like the the attention to detail.

Aimar 21 and Eddie repped this.
  5. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #555 saadomar, Jul 28, 2015
    How Charming Rafa! It seems to have worked though. ;)

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    That is really good that he is focusing on that because I always felt our defense needs some work. The less goals we concede and the more clean sheets we have the less pressure we'll put on our forwards to deliver.

7. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From any sports perspective, its logical to get the defence straight first and then focus on the attack. Rafa is doing the right thing. Maybe Marcelo can learn a thing or too also.

8. Caden X

Caden X Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Rivas-Vaciamadrid

It's a question of consistency, not quality. Ronaldo's 1st touch and passing is hit-and-miss too and you don't have to go any further than the last games to see it, but this is conditioned by their physical appearance. The qualities of these two are very rare, almost impossible to find.

Ronaldo is the best player I've seen in Real Madrid and he's not gonna make the top 20 charts for best passing and 1st touch.

The perfect player doesn't exist, but the perfect Real Madrid player does exist, and Ronaldo and Bale epitomize the perfect Real Madrid player.

Bale is like Capello said 'a 21st century fusion between Paco Gento and Roberto Carlos'. If the perfect footballer existed it will be Gareth Bale with Zidane's ability then he will beat teams on his own with James attached to his back so the Colombian can have a medal to show off.

9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Unfortunately for Bale, he doesn't have Zidane's ability. Not even a tiny bit.

madridista_hr and yoanaidarov repped this.
  10. Caden X

Caden X Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Rivas-Vaciamadrid
    You're clutching at straws, contradicting yourself and just proved the point I made above.

After Florentino sold di María against the approval of the technical stuff and pretty much everybody else he said this:

"We've a spectacular team and have to find a way to excite the world. It's the coach's task"

Basically summarizing the nature of the galáctico modus operandi.

Obviously I'm not the one making excuses.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. Caden X

Caden X Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Rivas-Vaciamadrid
    He has the ability to win titles. In case you missed it see the previous page

J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :ROFLMAO:
    I love this guy.

13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uhhmmmm ok then

J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #564 Digital, Jul 28, 2015
    So does Nacho, but if you mean on his own well as I always say, no one has that ability, never have, ever, unless we're talking about personal accolades.
    Also do you mean recently he has helped win some titles because I can't recall any for Spurs or Wales, but that may have a lot to do with the players who are around him, hence making the whole idea it's all about him fairly redundant, anyway, moving on

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't you receive the memo? We won in 2014 because of him and the lack of titles last season had nothing to do with him. His struggles are all big bad James fault.

Digital repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'm not one of Florentino's biggest fans, and I was never a fan of the sale of AdM, but I'll do that trade off between James and AdM any day of the week. James is a spectacular player, and probably one of the top 5-10 in the world currently.

-Reivax-, -Fifth CharM- and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh I see, nah sorry didn't get that, oh well, again to each his own

J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    :rolleyes:

Digital repped this.
  19. RaiseThe10thAncelotti

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Maybe if Mourinho's wife took care of him, he wouldn't have so much time available to talk to the press about us.

-Fifth CharM- and Digital repped this.
  21. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    “And for her also to think about me and to speak about me, I think she needs to occupy her time, and if she takes care of her husband’s diet she will have less time to speak about me.”

DID HE ACTUALLY SAY THIS??????!!! That was just too too far

22. Karthik

Karthik Member

Jun 23, 2007
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is right on one thing though.. it was Ancelotti who cleaned up his mess at madrid...

23. Karthik

Karthik Member

Jun 23, 2007
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks like he is still bitter at Benitez for knocking his chelsea twice out of buying champions league..

24. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If Benitez wife never ran her mouth in the first place, he wouldn't have anything to say. She instigated this by taking a shot at a guy who has nothing to do with this institution for the past two years.

If she is going to be like Kaka's wife, Benitez needs to muzzle her. This team doesn't need these types of distractions.

-Reivax-, CR7PT and WhiteBlood repped this.