Welcome Phoenix City FC!

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising FC' started by SoccerPrime, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome Phoenix fans. Enjoy!

Killersheep repped this.
  2. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you sir, now to get some furniture moved in.

3. brandonesque

brandonesque Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. redfury1881

redfury1881 Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Inside your head.
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. AOPHX

AOPHX New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    baaaaaaaanng a ranaaaaaaannnggg .....

6. McMoose

McMoose New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hey guys, Stumbled upon the fact Phoenix was getting a soccer/football team going, been craving local football for a while so hopefully this gets up and running!

Matt117 repped this.
  7. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome McMoose, I am with La Furia Roja 1881. We are the supporters group for Phoenix FC, we will have our own section at the games. In addition to that we have viewing parties at local bars and have a first friday event this December. If you're interested feel free to join us. We're not asking for money, simply people to watch the games with us.

8. McMoose

McMoose New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I might take you up on that, haven't found any good pubs that also do football games (well premier league games, probably due to the fact most games are on insanely early here). Being from England you would think I would of been to a few matches but sadly not. My first game was when the Charleston Battery had a friendly against Bolton Wanderers a few years ago. Always wanted to feel more part of a supporters group so hopefully PFC take off!

9. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as a pub goes, you are in luck. Our home pub happens to be owned by a Liverpudlian. The last viewing we had was Liverpool v. Chelsea. It's 16th st. Sports Bar. Of course you have to keep in mind this is America so if there is a UFC PPV or NFL, that usually takes precendence, but the owner always makes space for us.

10. McMoose

McMoose New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    HA! How did I not know about this! Thanks for the info man.

Its weird Phoenix seems to have a decent British community but not much in the way of pubs (I know there is the George and the Dragon). I came from South Carolina almost 2 years ago now and knew of 2 good British football pubs, one of them was owned by a Liverpudlian also.

11. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Madra Rua pub right? One of the best I've been to in the South East. the Chelsea v. Liverpool match was packed. (sorry to get off topic but love the growing soccer culture here in Charleston!)

Good luck to Phoenix, looks like they have a good start to the roster so far.

12. McMoose

McMoose New Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I have been there and is was a great little pub. But I was living in columbia. They had thr cock and bull and the british bulldog. The pub attached to blackbaud is a sweet place too, just for the football history have in there.

Mikey mouse repped this.