Welcome Pato !!!!!!

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by freakmax, Aug 3, 2007.

1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Missed some easy chances and looked nervous(2 passes went out of play) but a far, far better debut than Anderson who was subbed of at half time in the prem.

3. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He did miss those chances, but the first shot was pretty good. The second one he tried to get the keeper with a "contra-pé" (against footing), as we call it in Brazil, when he should've just tapped it in. His second shot and a couple of passes were the only real mistakes I noticed in the game. He had another 4 or 5 good shots on goal, and at a time in the second half he could've gotten a ball from kaka to be in a 1x1 position with the keeper, but Kaka made the wrong play going for the right side, someone crossed the ball and Pato was almost there in time. A very mature display.

4. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    pato looked horrible in his first game.

5. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Get lost, troll.

6. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    I don't think you were watching the right game then. :rolleyes:

7. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that is one of the most ridiculous comments i have ever seen on BS. i presume you are joking

8. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    ^^maybe he was really talkin about his looks

9. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    nah i watched the game and i saw pato miss a goal 2 times in front of the gk by himself. seedorf had to teach the guy how to do it.

10. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Actually i can agree with some of that, still was'nt horrible though.

11. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What the hell? The first shot was pretty good...
    And at least the positioning was perfect. Anyway, I've seen Ruud Van Nistelroy missing tons of tap-ins and he's still one of the best strikers in the world.

12. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    aha and did you miss the part where he scored? coz controlling that long ball like he did with one touch and finishing with his second is a finish most top strikers would be proud of...

i am not denying he missed those 2 chances but he made plenty of chances for himself and was lively the entire game.. he played extremely well considering the circumstances... which are that he was debuting under the weight of massive expectations and is only 18 years old... that has got to be one of the best debut performances from an 18 year old, imo... and i am including the 2 missed chances...

and it wont be the first time seedorf will have to teach him how to do something... infact, all the players will have to teach him a lot... he is only 18 and infact has made only 26 appearances(according to wiki) for internacional... he is quite inexperienced...

the only people to be disappointed were the people who expected sheva in his prime... that was never gonna happen... even sheva had to learn when he first got here...

and i feel foolish even responding to your first statement, and now even more so, by further enabling you... you're first statement was moronic...

13. Borriello

Borriello New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Jamaica
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys stop feeding this erickk idiot who has just come here to waste time and stir some controversy.

Anyways - I couldn't find one person who didn't agree Pato had the most spectacular debut of any 18 year old ever. As for those two shots he missed, Iezzo needs to get credit for making a great save and thats it. Pato's shots were good, and would have definitely gone in if Dida was Napoli's goalie.

14. NapoliNewJersey

NapoliNewJersey New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    New Jersey
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think he looked horrible. I think he did OK. He missed a few attempts and he slipped on the field a couple of times but he still came away with a goal and didn't look to be a beaten foward. I don't think he looked like a superstar phenom but he played well for an 18 year old boy.

Now, if he was a 26 yearold and had been in the league a long time it would be a little different .. not much tho.

But in the end he did what mattered and came away with a score.

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    if Gila missed those two chances oh how we would have massacred him...

16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    The first one was well saved the second one he should of buried though. Every player miss sitters though, so I didn't find it it a big deal.

17. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A few weeks ago RVN missed a sitter from Robinho's assist, while the keeper wasn't even in front of goal, striking the ball with the heel. It was damn ugly. =(

18. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    gila is not 18 and playing for milan the first time ever... and he has made a habit in missing those sitters...

19. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i agree he is young and everyone makes rookie mistakes but i just think he didnt play good but he will improve.

20. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    exactly. most strikers miss lots of chances.

bad strikers dont even get the chances, because they dont position themselves in the correct way.

if a striker creates lots of chances (all the games) and scores them all, scores in football would be more akin to american football.

21. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    When i saw this kid play in the U-17 WC, he didn't really impress me. Maybe thee was too much expectations on him to produce, but he seemed average at best. But, when he made his debut with Milan, he looked like the real deal and proved his worth.

Considering this kid just turned 18, is remarkable. Playing with grown men when he is just a boy.

22. zippy85

zippy85 Red Card

Jul 4, 2007
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good point, plus the whole team was trying to make sure he did well, poor Gila never gets that, still looking forward to Pato's next game though, hope he does well, but not too well.

23. jfaria

jfaria New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    But that’s the thing, Gila had been playing FOR YEARS in Milan, is not the case of he misses a few chances, is the fact that he has been missing for years now. I like Gila A LOT, but I can totally understand why people are so fed up with him. First of all, this was Pato FIRST game with all the pressure in the world and he not only scored but played well.

Gilla is awful under pressure, also you point out that the team doesn’t help Gila in the same way, have you wondered that maybe the players lost the confidence on him? Maybe Kaka doesn’t trust in him anymore and prefers to pass to another player.

24. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i feel that kaka doesnt trust him as well... but i dont blame him for that... gila is hardly a player that inspires confidence in teammates... i think its come to a point where the psychological problems have reached a level that will be extremely hard to break down... maybe the only way to solve it is for him to leave... as much as i hate to say that, because i really thought that he could succeed here..

25. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So did everybody I think.

The guy scored 23 goals for "peanuts - Parma" in 2 consecutive seasons and is one of the more athletic strikers Italy has had in its ranks for a while now. For the nazionale there was a period where he was flawless in the U21 (especially the U21 he was amazing) and the senior level (was good when he played in the World Cup). When Sheva left, Ancelotti figured that Gila would be fine as lone striker because for Parma he did well; but even with Milan's supporting cast behind him Gila never coped with the responsibility as a Milan striker and as a result he was an easy target for defenders.

In Europe he was scorned for being useless and he was. Systematically Kaka was forced into playing striker which made Gila a 45 minute pawn who was pretty much good for nothing except standing around and occasionally flicking a good header in the path of a running team mate.

Finally, although Milan has had its fair share of flops in the past: Kluivert etc. Gilardino has to be the most overpriced player we've ever had (in retrospect) and it's simply a damn shame for all parties.